Dragst

Hexters improvement poll

Poll - Things you like about Hexters  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these you wish we expand the most?

• Levels
    • Characters
    • Visuals
    • Dialogue
    • Music
    • Sfx
    • Gameplay
    • UI

I've voted for "gameplay" because I'm most interested in the skirmish/free-play mode being developed. I've seen the comment sections of other early-access games like this one and generally speaking, there are two types of people..  There are the type-A people like me (i.e., unbalanced roguelike fans) who want a "game" in the academic sense of the word, meaning a series of strategic decisions like you have in Rogue or in Chess. Then there are the polar opposite (i.e., normal people, minecraft fans, etc) who just want a sandbox-type experience where they can just build massive colonies, fight of huge waves of enemies, and then post a screenshot of the carnage on Steam.  Instead of trying to appeal to both types of players with one unified skirmish mode, I think you should make separate skirmish and free-play modes.  I just say this up front because I've seen developers who DO try to cater to both types, and ultimately that satisfies no one.  Inevitably, the Type-B's complain about some easily-abused mechanic that gets removed to satisfy the Type-A's lust for difficulty, or the Type-A's just get impatient because the game isn't hard enough.  (Or the dev just eventually caves and makes several game modes).  Obviously, I don't know what your plans are, but I would strongly suggest this just in case the game gets really popular, which I hope it does :)

That being said, I do appreciate the main mission with all of its tongue-in-cheek humor.  It has been a nice tutorial.

Edited by owen

Interesting read, I'm probably type A much more myself, heh. If our plans go through, the freeplay mode should be configurable enough with parameters to pretty much make it whatever the player wants. 

We're hoping Hexters to get popular too! :D All steam reviews, activity and shares help us a great deal!