BOOK: Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy (Trilogy of 5)

Ever wondered where those nasty, off-topic or just outdated posts went? Look no further. Abandon all hope Ye who enter here

Good or Bad?

AMAZING!!!
100%
TERRIBLE!!!
No votes

Total votes: 2
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

BOOK: Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy (Trilogy of 5)

Postby dekstar » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:11 pm

These series of books were written by Douglas Adams. A great man, who had a knack for funny. This particular trilogy follows the adventures of one Arthur Dent. Arthur is a lowly Earthman, whos house one day gets demolished to create a bypass. It's really all very clever, because, ironically, as his house is being demolished the earth gets blown up by Vogons, Creating a Hyperspacial Bypass. How cool is that?!

Anyway, Arthur doesn't get blown up, but instead embarks on the greatest and most comical sci-fi book I've ever read. How Douglas Adams came up with this stuff is beyond me.

The nice little sections of the guide, that tell you about the various subjects going on in the books (Instructions on how to make a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, anyone?) is a great addition that lengthens the time you're stuck inside reading on to what happens next.

And the people Arthur meets. They just rule. Zaphod Beeblebrox, with his comical extra head. Or perhaps you wouldn't mind meeting some Thor, while drinking in the longest running Party EVER.

Overall, I give the entire series (Except maybe some parts of the latter books, and the ending of the whole series) 20/10 - it's that good.

-Dekstar
smelly?

Return to “Landfill”