The greatest surprise

For everything else. All non-english posts will be either moved or deleted.
PadrinatoR
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PadrinatoR » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:24 am

Paagi wrote:Your last link worked, but the others don´t.
That´s very weird!

Aleluya!! xDD

Has anyone played it?? I need comments xDDD I hope you don't post any comment because you're playing XDD
There are only 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Wolf
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Wolf » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:16 pm

would be quite good but it has so childish theme, making it unplayble
PadrinatoR
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PadrinatoR » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:23 pm

Wolf wrote:would be quite good but it has so childish theme, making it unplayble

First, thank you for your comment :)
I didn't think it is a problem xDD Ok, I can change it, and you can change it too because the bitmaps aren't packed :) If you want to do your own theme, I can include it. Anyway, when you talk about a "childish theme", you are talking only about the flags?? Because I think that the flags are the less serious thing. What do you think?
There are only 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Wolf
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Wolf » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:13 pm

[quote="PadrinatoR"][quote="Wolf"]would be quite good but it has so childish theme, making it unplayble[/quote]
First, thank you for your comment :)
I didn't think it is a problem xDD Ok, I can change it, and you can change it too because the bitmaps aren't packed :) If you want to do your own theme, I can include it. Anyway, when you talk about a "childish theme", you are talking only about the flags?? Because I think that the flags are the less serious thing. What do you think?[/quote]

Well, yeah, by _removing_ (yes, removing) the flashbombs and trying to really make it look like the good ol' triplane, it could be really something :)
Paagi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Paagi » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:06 pm

Flashbombs rules!
Have you thought about triplane-style splitscreen? I check now fps and post it then there.

That´s really good game! :D
Botch
Regular
Regular

Postby Botch » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:30 pm

I like it. Is that the comment you wanted to hear? :)
Rharhahhraharahaaa! Rahaa!
PadrinatoR
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PadrinatoR » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:23 pm

Wolf wrote:Well, yeah, by _removing_ (yes, removing) the flashbombs and trying to really make it look like the good ol' triplane, it could be really something :)

Nooooo!!! I love flashbombs, it's funny to blind the enemy xDD
I'm thining about changing the flags.. O_o :P

Paagi wrote:Flashbombs rules!
Have you thought about triplane-style splitscreen? I check now fps and post it then there.

That´s really good game!

Thanks!!
Yeah!! Flashbombs rulezzz!! xDD
About triplane-style splitscreen... could you be more explicit?? I unsarstand you :S

Botch wrote:I like it. Is that the comment you wanted to hear?

Yes, i accept that comment xDDD Thank you!!
Paagi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Paagi » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:37 pm

You can see whole map in screen. Map is splitted in three levels.

I posted a topic of your game to suomipelit.com. :D
PadrinatoR
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PadrinatoR » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:01 pm

That feature is discarded because if you were able to see the whole map, you couldn't play because the map decreases a lot the performance :S
Anyway, I'm thinking about add more splitscreen styles, like TT2 will have, but it's only a chance... :P
Paagi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Paagi » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:18 pm

FPS is about 30 on my computer. Sometimes it boosts to 50 :) but it deacreases fast :| .

Game physics feel sometimes weird because airplane can fly directly up without stalling.

That night effect is cool!

And my computer is: Celeron 500MhZ, riva tnt and 320 megs ram.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:44 pm

MMkay, first of all ignore Wolf and single comments; don't go changing everything by just because someone says so or you'll be in trouble for the rest of your life. Also, I suggest to ignore all "YOU MUST DO THIS!" comments generally, and also take only the ideas/requests which have any explanations... like hopefully mine :) So...

I think it's ok. Ultimately, I think there's 3 major flaws which I personally would change:

First of all... why in the heck in Spanish? I mean, don't get me wrong as there's nothing wrong in it, but if you intend anyone else outside Spain to play this, I think it'd be better to translate it to English asap. If you need help I'm sure this is a right place to get it :)

Then the gameplay... There's still work to do with physics, sorry. Everything else works pretty well, but the major problem is with gravity/stalling. The moment you disable the engine, you're toast unless you're high enough (being at least half way up the level). Try forcing the front side to drop down when it stalls, and I think you're already halfway there. I also manage to "crash" on the runway by just disabling the engine while I'm taking out or just resting on it. That tells the runway code is a hack, eh? :)

Then a little more non-dramatic change which I suggest is to change this "radar" system. It is really pretty darn confusing; why not have one blip which points at the enemy, instead of this x/y system in use now? You can also represent the range by how bright the blip is, like in TT1. I can assure you it'd be muuuuuch much more intuitive :)

All the people who have problems with fps can make sure the antialias and vretrace are off. You might want to make that menu to move a little faster :)

Well, that's "official" feedback. Do what you do, but make sure you don't listen single feedbacks too literally! :)
PadrinatoR
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PadrinatoR » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:39 pm

Paagi: Disable VWait and Antialias if they're enabled. Anyway I'm going to optimize A LOT the game (I hope xDD). About the physics problem... when the frame rate is low, you will see weird things. That occurs because I began to write the game bad, because the normal frame rate I've used is 60FPS and now I've changed it proportionally, so it should have the same behaviour in all machines, and, as you can see, it doesn't occurs :S

Dragst: woooooooow!! Thank you for that huge comment!! I feel happy because a creator of the most addictive game I've played has posted about my game!! xDD And now I answer you :)

MMkay, first of all ignore Wolf and single comments; don't go changing everything by just because someone says so or you'll be in trouble for the rest of your life. Also, I suggest to ignore all "YOU MUST DO THIS!" comments generally, and also take only the ideas/requests which have any explanations... like hopefully mine So...

OK, you are an expert and I must trust you :p

First of all... why in the heck in Spanish? I mean, don't get me wrong as there's nothing wrong in it, but if you intend anyone else outside Spain to play this, I think it'd be better to translate it to English asap. If you need help I'm sure this is a right place to get it

Yeah, you're right. If I intend anyone else outisde Spain to play it... but I wasn't going to release it on internet :P I'll change it... altought it was difficult to translate from English to Spanish some words like 'roll' (because a literal translation to Spanish may result stupid xD)

Then the gameplay... There's still work to do with physics, sorry. Everything else works pretty well, but the major problem is with gravity/stalling. The moment you disable the engine, you're toast unless you're high enough (being at least half way up the level). Try forcing the front side to drop down when it stalls, and I think you're already halfway there.

Yes, I know. It isn't easy to immitate TT physics hehehe Anyway, if you get less than 60FPS, you will note weird behaviours :P

I also manage to "crash" on the runway by just disabling the engine while I'm taking out or just resting on it. That tells the runway code is a hack, eh?

Sorry, I don't understand this part xD

Then a little more non-dramatic change which I suggest is to change this "radar" system. It is really pretty darn confusing; why not have one blip which points at the enemy, instead of this x/y system in use now? You can also represent the range by how bright the blip is, like in TT1. I can assure you it'd be muuuuuch much more intuitive

I use this system because I don't understand how TT's radar works xDD Then I decided to add a system that I can undertand. Well... you may think that I'm a bad TT player, but nobody is perfect xDD

And as you can see, I have something to spend my time until TT2 arrives (I hope it arrives soon xDD)
Thank you again!!!
Paagi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Paagi » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:18 am

PadrinatoR wrote:
I also manage to "crash" on the runway by just disabling the engine while I'm taking out or just resting on it. That tells the runway code is a hack, eh?

Try switching motor off when you are taking off.

I have already disabled vwait and antialising.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:47 pm

PadrinatoR wrote:Dragst: woooooooow!! Thank you for that huge comment!! I feel happy because a creator of the most addictive game I've played has posted about my game!! xDD And now I answer you :)

:party:

OK, you are an expert and I must trust you :p

Hehe, well at least I try to offer you some insight...

Yeah, you're right. If I intend anyone else outisde Spain to play it... but I wasn't going to release it on internet :P I'll change it... altought it was difficult to translate from English to Spanish some words like 'roll' (because a literal translation to Spanish may result stupid xD)

Hehe, I figured that was the reason... but then again, why not :) I think that's a problem with every language :) If you have problems, mail me the words you need translated, and I ask one of my (other) spanish friend to have a look.

Yes, I know. It isn't easy to immitate TT physics hehehe Anyway, if you get less than 60FPS, you will note weird behaviours :P

Hmm, I must admit I'm rather confused what fps has to do with it...

Heh, ok so... basically, when I'm on a runway and start to take off... then I disable the engine and I fall on the runway like the invisible tires would have disappeared :) hopefully you can make something out of that explanation..... ;)

I use this system because I don't understand how TT's radar works xDD Then I decided to add a system that I can undertand. Well... you may think that I'm a bad TT player, but nobody is perfect xDD

:) I think you just need some basic math. You can find out angles with atan2 (or something similar, that's in C/C++) and you can use pythagoran equation to find out the range.

angle=atan2(delta.y, delta.x); (in radians, mind you)

x^2+y^2 = range^2 if I remember correctly :D
x= fabs(own_plane.x - target_plane.x)
y= fabs(own_plane.y - target_plane.y)
range = sqrt(x*x+y*y)

fabs stands in c/c++ for floating-point (decimal) absolute value.

And as you can see, I have something to spend my time until TT2 arrives (I hope it arrives soon xDD) Thank you again!!!

So do I :D Well, hopefully any of that is/was helpfully! Oh, if you don't mind, I think moving this thread to gamedev section instead of TT2...
a22
Regular
Regular

Postby a22 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:06 pm

Is it so that you have to code you 3D models and you can't model them using other program if you use blitz? that's quite tricky

Return to “Off topic, english only”