The new Nintendo Revolution Console

For everything else. All non-english posts will be either moved or deleted.

Are you going to buy Nintendos new console?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 6
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

The new Nintendo Revolution Console

Postby Tumppi » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:55 am

Quick link: http://gr.bolt.com/articles/revolution/revolution_controller.htm

I can't wait to try out the new console. It just has to be cool with all the new controllers and the possibility to play old nes, snes and N64-games.

So the controller looks a bit odd perhaps :D. I have to say I can't wait to try it out. They said that it's like using a mouse on the other hand and an remote on the other hand. When I imagine using a controller like that, I think it's gonna take a lot of a time getting used to it, but I hope it's worth it. I can't really say whether it would be better with the old controller type or the new remote-type controller, but now that I saw the remote-thingy, I just have to try it. The only bad thing I see about it, is that it has only about 4 normal buttons and the usual start select buttons. IMHO, the more buttons it has, the better it is.

The possibility to play oldies from Nintendo earliest consoles? Hell, thats the greatest thing I've ever heard. Now the only thing I hope, is that it's completely free. I'm gonna play all the Mario and Zelda games over and over again. If they make that service free it should sure make a lot of people buy Revolution. The possibility to play Gamecube games is good too, you can practically just sell your whole Gamecube and use Revolution instead.

You can also play DVD's by buying an extra special-something. Sorry, they didn't say the type or price of the DVD-player. It's a good bonus, but I won't buy the DVD-player, I already have a two computers with DVD-player and software and one normal DVD-player.

Now I just have to wait for an almost year until it's released. Why did they have to reveal all the info so soon, why not just couple of months before they release it. :)
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:37 pm

Hey, excellent! Thanks for the pics, those kind of stirred my interest :D

Personally I abstain from voting before I get my hands on the console itself; I don't buy consoles without seeing the games. I bought GC solely by getting my hands on Vietiful Joe, and I was sold. Hence all next-gen consoles (ps3, xbox360, NR) are not on my wish-list right now :) I'm sure there will be plenty of awesome stuff done for 'em, and when that happens there's going to be a big hole in my wallet :lol:

Let's see what happens and hope for the best!
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:26 pm

I (Or actually 'we', my whole family) will always buy all Nintendos consoles. Mainly because of the all classic games such as Zelda and Mario. Zelda games are absolutely must (Even though I think Majora's Mask sucked bigtime) and with the release of the new Zelda game that is planned to be released on Revolution console (Or perhaps it was Gamecube, I'm not sure :D), there's simply nothing that will stop us from buying Revolution. It's only a matter of time. And I sure hope they will port Perfect Dark Zero to Revolution (They planned to release it on suXbox 360, damn traitors :) )
Narceh
Regular
Regular

Postby Narceh » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:49 pm

Chances are I'm not getting any of the next generation consoles. I just don't play enough these days to afford another platform. Also, I've never been a big fan of consoles and console games (although I admit there are many very good ones) - my only console is Sega MegaDrive :P
Narceh, aka Taalen for IRCnet

"Smile and be happy - it could be worse. So I smiled, I was happy - and it got worse"

Return to “Off topic, english only”