Saving TT2

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
termospulla
n00b
n00b

Saving TT2

Postby termospulla » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Hello guys.

Judging from the activity on these forums, this place is kinda dead.
It's relly sad that such an awesome game like TT2 had to suffer from extremely poor sales, and next to zero attention.

So, why won't we spice things up a little bit, get some attention for this great game, and maybe, if it becomes a success, Draconus would be kind enough to finally develop online multiplayer for this game.

So, How would we do this, you ask.
Well, Draconus could try to get TT2 included in some indie game bundles, like Indie Royale or indiegala(although IG does'nt really sell that well and is'nt as well known). HIB would'nt be a possibility as they only accept multi platform games, Which is sad for TT2, as it is the most well known bundle.

Another idea would be to release the game for free, but keep some premium features for paying customers, like ladder functionality.

E: Heres a quote from introversion, who had their own Humble Bundle sale a few months ago:

"As we pass 180,000 sales of the Humble Introversion Bundle, I can’t help but feel astonished. This is the biggest single sale Introversion has ever done on any platform, even beating the epic Steam promotions we run from time to time. It roughly equates to one sale every six seconds. And the best part of all - the part that makes me most happy, is that this promotion has doubled the number of people who have played our games. 180,000 is more copies than our best selling game Darwinia ever sold, and the Humble Bundle includes all four of our games, so that means twice as many people have now played each of our games than before the bundle. That’s pretty cool. As the principle game creator here at Introversion, that’s the biggest thing for me."

Fighting for a better future,
termospullo
termospulla
n00b
n00b

Re: Saving TT2

Postby termospulla » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Also, this might be a good chance to get TT2 to steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight
termospulla
n00b
n00b

Postby termospulla » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 pm

And on another note, steam greenlight has launched today...
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:41 am

Thanks for the interest. Unfortunately we did not manage to get into steam before greenlight, and now it's even more hard. Maybe that changes in the future though, and I'm happy to hear of another happy gamer :)
Independent Game Development
http://www.draconus.com/

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”