Triplane Turmoil I Open source??

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
PadrinatoR
Rookie
Rookie

Triplane Turmoil I Open source??

Postby PadrinatoR » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:15 pm

I'm so interested in the physics system of Triplane Turmoil because I am doing the remake and it was so difficult to immitate it xDD (I've written the physics system but it isn't perfect :P)
Anyway, it would be great :), what do you think??
There are only 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:07 pm

Well, first of all it's not up to me, I could probably only release music stuff without any of the other guys saying anything...

Then again, I'm not exactly thrilled about the idea, since we're doing the sequel :) Maybe some day, but not just yet :)
PadrinatoR
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PadrinatoR » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:01 pm

No problem, I only want to play TT2 right now... aamfmgmggggggg =P~
Thx anyway :)
There are only 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Ezko
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ezko » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:54 pm

Then people would make mods...
Triplane ROCKS!!!
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

yeah

Postby dekstar » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:17 pm

ezactly... I would love to make a mod for TT1! aaaand aswell there would be at least one person who makes brand new hi-res textures for it or something, usig the basic code form it... Cos obviously, the first TT1 didn't use textures did it, i mean they hadn't been invented yet, it was all "print red 100,40" and stuff wasn't it...?
smelly?
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:25 pm

Ehmm.. hope not, don't think so.. but on the other hand, I know nothing about game developing, so :P
The post above should not be taken seriously.
Paagi
Rookie
Rookie

HEHEH

Postby Paagi » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:48 pm

I suppose not.
If you writed all those pixels down, that would be same than in a bitmap file.
So why not use some handy drawing tool instead of writing pixels down if the drawing tool writes them automaticly.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:55 am

Since the guy doesn't have the slightest clue what he is talking about, I don't see any reason to you guys trying to point it out to him. Let the poor fellow live with his delusions and manual-pixels.
Silveri
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Silveri » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:11 am

Shh mate, this way you'll earn streetwise points for coding a separate line(s) of code for every single possible pixel in every possible space and time in TT1.
Evil lurker of doom.
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

haha

Postby dekstar » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:55 pm

nice one Dragst, all I am talking about is that I have looked at thousands (Ok, about 2) coding things like Basic, and other stuff (Visual basic, or something like that) and they all had (Oh, it was Yabasic for PS2, but that was actually a sucky program and only a very, very basic thing) was things like
Print "Hello"
loop until exit

Something like that. Oh, and on another point, more about programming. If I get a C for my GSCE's in English and Maths, I could enroll at a college that has a computer course which covers practically everything! Amazing! Although that owuld be a bit off. Hey, if you lot are still aorund then, could I join your company?
smelly?
Silveri
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Silveri » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:15 pm

Dex, please. Get some actual skills first before you start applying for coding jobs. Learn C. Start with Java, if C seems too complex. Buy a starter's book to coding. Code. Learn. Code.

Basic/VB etc. were never "real" programming languages - more of a "half-way" system for people, who needed simple programs to do simple tasks but not having the time/interest to learn how to do it properly. Hell, even I can code in VB!

Study. Code. Learn. Code. Study. Code. Code. Code, and work hard at it. If it motivates you to know, that's how Dragst did it (and is still doing it). There is no short-cut.
Evil lurker of doom.
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:19 am

Hmm.. sounds hard.. I think I'll pass and trust that others can make games that please me. If they can't, then I'll just stop playing.
The post above should not be taken seriously.

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”