When will TT2 be released?

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:35 pm

HAH. I would lock this topic if I had the rights to do it :). This is so useless and now it's heading towards off-topic. Sextants and stuff. btw TZ, do you even know what SEXTANT is?
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:38 pm

Yea it's a sexy assistant, right?
The post above should not be taken seriously.
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:27 pm

Not...quite...right. I'm not sure where you picked that from and it might even exists but i don't think silveri quite meant that. Don't you know sextant, the thingy that helps you navigate with the help of stars. Not 100% sure what it EXACTLY was but it had something to do with navigating by stars.

No offense, but that sounds so stupid that someone doesn't know what sextant is that makes me feel like you were kidding in your post? but after all I've said so much stupid things myself that i don't think I'm the right person to say that.

and now I (Hopefully) won't continue this topic anymore.
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:52 am

Congratulations! You noticed that I wasn't being serious!

I thought that my sig would help at least a bit but no..

Ofcourse I know what a sextant is. It is that funny looking device thingie that helps you navigate.
Silveri
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Silveri » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:27 am

A sextant helps you determine your current erm. latitude? (the "horizontal" degree at any rate) from the stars/sun/whatever. Blast. Why don't they teach this properly in schools anymore?
Evil lurker of doom.
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:56 pm

Because nobody really needs a sextant anymore?
Silveri
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Silveri » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:31 pm

But it's history. *sigh* People don't even grind their coffee anymore, or boil it in kettles - except for old people and me - instead they use coffee machines that make stuff that has the concistency and taste similiar to tar.

And how is that related to anything? Well, if you've not taught how things were done in the past, you might well forget how to do things properly.

*whacks every youngster here with his senile-stick*

But yeah, a sextant may not have that much use anymore per se, but what happens when the power fails from your fancy GPS-device?
Evil lurker of doom.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:17 am

Old-school navigation skillz 4ever, eat your hearts out youngsters!
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:17 am

Silveri wrote:But it's history. *sigh* People don't even grind their coffee anymore, or boil it in kettles - except for old people and me - instead they use coffee machines that make stuff that has the concistency and taste similiar to tar.

So that's why coffee tastes so horrible. I don't drink coffee that much anyway, only for company.

And how is that related to anything? Well, if you've not taught how things were done in the past, you might well forget how to do things properly.

Ehmm I'm pretty sure some things are done much better nowadays than in the past.

*whacks every youngster here with his senile-stick*

Ouch.

But yeah, a sextant may not have that much use anymore per se, but what happens when the power fails from your fancy GPS-device?

Then I don't really care, as I can navigate by sun and walk towards the closest city following roads and eating whatever berries I find. And then I can always ask friendly folks driving in their cars to take me somewhere. Quite simple, eh?
MacAnkka
Regular
Regular

Postby MacAnkka » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:19 am

Dragst wrote:Old-school navigation skillz 4ever, eat your hearts out youngsters!

Yeah!

you can count me out of those youngsters!
http://koti.mbnet.fi/tnland/navigaatio.jpg
-~I have never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong...~-
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:43 am

I don't know about the "old days" so you coul probably count me into those youngsters but I enjoy when we go to our little house in Rovaniemi every summer. It's quite old house and my dad also spent his childhood there. The only electricity you find there is old black&whiteTV, refrigerator and a stove. but that doesn't really matter. I enjoy when it's so far away from everything and surrounded by forest with lots of places to explore. I myself go to the forest alone and walk there couple of minutes. And of course it's got the old fashion outhouse, don't really know for sure what it's called in english but I hope you get the point :). And yes, the coffee is better when it's not made by nowadays ultimate wash&go insta-second-haxor coffee machines. I drink alot of coffee and I think it tastes good but it tastes even better when it's made with the old boiler thing.

Theres also a lot of sports including frisbee throw, football, strange hockeygame, dartboard (not really sport) and many other little things so I hardly spend time on the computer-side like I do here.
Silveri
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Silveri » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:32 am

See? Computers and high-tech really don't satisfy your every need. But as for coffee, it's rather ironic that the time and effort to make a coffee machine give you at least a decent cup of coffee is at least equal or bigger than making coffee "old fashioned" - and you end up something that tastes almost but not quite like coffee.
Evil lurker of doom.

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”