Parachute opportunity...

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
Jazz!
n00b
n00b

Parachute opportunity...

Postby Jazz! » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:03 pm

What you guys think about that, if you would be able to jump from plane with parachute and continue your trip by walking? That would be cool extra for the game and it would open all new kinds of missions... Like stealing enemy planes and so on. That soldier can of course shoot and get killed very easily. This kind of oppportunity was in a cave flyer called V-Wing.

Just dreaming...
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:06 pm

Haya Jazz!, welcome to the forum. The same option is also in the helicopter/cruise-missile/nuke -flying game Taso. But the only real problem is, that parachutes weren't really used with Triplanes. In WWI parachutes were only introduced in the very very late of war, and even then they resulted in more deaths than saved lives IIRC. This is a flying game after all, not a running game :)
The post above should not be taken seriously.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:19 am

Yo, welcome to da forums mate!

The parachute-thingymob is probably one of the oldest "controversial" ideas we had for triplane, so it's not like we wouldn't have thought of it before. TZ makes a good point from one perspective, and I'll try to make another from a different one:

Image parachuting out one kilometer/mile away from your base. Considering the walking speed being at least somewhat realistic, I'd say it would take atleast 1-2 minutes to get back to your base. Congratulations, you've just wasted precious flying time and your mates have tens of thousands (well, maybe not thousands) points by time you have a chance to get any of yourself. Long story short, that would destroy the "pace" of the game as well as the balance which I feel is important in TT.

Of course all this doesn't mean like people shouldn't discuss any ideas in here... ;) There's plenty of ideas and scenarios we've thought about, and...well, considering the result (TT1) I'd say most of them didn't make it to the game and that's not necessary a bad thing :) Having good ideas unfortunately doesn't mean they're good ideas to be used. There's going to be few suprises in TT2, but I'm afraid parachute isn't going to be one of them...

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”