TT2 Hopes & Desires

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
DKCYBER
n00b
n00b

TT2 Hopes & Desires

Postby DKCYBER » Fri May 13, 2005 8:19 am

Sup guys,
I just decided to check up whats new with Triplane 1 today and it turns out TT2 is in development, and apperantly going to be released very soon, so I have a favour/question/ or suggestion to ask (depends how u look at it)

Dragst are you going to have pilot voices for each country? Like the pilots saying something kool in their accents when they land or take off? That would really be awesome...

And I really hope that the final copy will come out with a custom level editor/creator for mulpiplayer levels where we can load up on AA guns and build fortresses full of solders :) , or at least could be released later on as an update B)

Ohh ya maybe one more suggestion...Dragst is it possible to give pilots experience points for each kill they have (which could lets say boost ur speed, accuracy, defences, or etc). Of course one u get shot down the points should be reset, unless u land to refuel ofcourse. That would really give everyone an incentive to avoid kamikazies and to learn how to land

Anyways, I know its easier said than done, and i know u dont have the time for all of this, but maybe u make the first version updatable with all kinds of these potential upgrades like these in the future...just a thought

Anyways, good job on TT1 and I hope TT2 will come out before the end of this summer

cya

DK
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Re: TT2 Hopes & Desires

Postby TZ » Fri May 13, 2005 8:14 pm

DKCYBER wrote:Sup guys,
I just decided to check up whats new with Triplane 1 today and it turns out TT2 is in development, and apperantly going to be released very soon, so I have a favour/question/ or suggestion to ask (depends how u look at it)

Dragst are you going to have pilot voices for each country? Like the pilots saying something kool in their accents when they land or take off? That would really be awesome...

And I really hope that the final copy will come out with a custom level editor/creator for mulpiplayer levels where we can load up on AA guns and build fortresses full of solders :) , or at least could be released later on as an update B)

Ohh ya maybe one more suggestion...Dragst is it possible to give pilots experience points for each kill they have (which could lets say boost ur speed, accuracy, defences, or etc). Of course one u get shot down the points should be reset, unless u land to refuel ofcourse. That would really give everyone an incentive to avoid kamikazies and to learn how to land

Anyways, I know its easier said than done, and i know u dont have the time for all of this, but maybe u make the first version updatable with all kinds of these potential upgrades like these in the future...just a thought

Anyways, good job on TT1 and I hope TT2 will come out before the end of this summer

cya

DK

Hi ho, welcome aboard. From what I've heard there wont be any pilot voices, but there will be lots of infantry voices. And what's even better, the infantry voices won't be just English with heavy accent, the troops will actually speak Russian, Japanese, German and the other languages as well. And from what I've heard, the voices will be done by real Germans, Russians etc, not just some drunken Finns trying to sound German. And talking about infantry, they wont be just useless base-guards this time around. They'll be actually attacking the enemy, they'll receive reinforcements, they can be wounded, healed and then sent back into battle. So it's not just planes this time, it's a real war with troops attacking below you as you cover them.

The level editor will not be released, at least not for a while. The game already has a huge amount of multiplayer maps, over 30 if I remember correctly, and the development team is hoping to release more in the future after the game has been released. Of course it would be really neat to be able to create your own battlefields, but then again, we'll have a lot of maps in our hands anyway.

The experience thing is a bit tricky subject. Of course now as all those computer "RPG"'s are out everyone wants to see experience. But do we really need to gain experience in the game. After all, when we play, we gain experience in the real world. We become better, we can manouver our planes better, we get to know the maps better, we become more accurate as we practise, we learn new cool moves to stun our opponents with and so on. There really is no need for ingame experience. We ourselves will become more experiences as we play the game. We become better players. And as this game is all about how good pilot YOU are, not how good soldiers you have or how good hero you have.

My bet is that TTII is coming real soon. Some privileged people have already played the game, and they've told that it rocks. So my money is on that we'll be having a great game in our hands pretty soon.
The post above should not be taken seriously.
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Sun May 29, 2005 7:35 pm

Nicely put, TZ :). I concur.
smelly?

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”