It's nice to know your hard word is appreciated...

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
Dragst
Crew
Crew

It's nice to know your hard word is appreciated...

Postby Dragst » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:43 pm

It appears the creator of soldat is going to work on something relatively similar to Triplane Turmoil. This is cool.

However. Stumbling upon something like this didn't exactly make my day. I don't like my work to be treated as fast food :frown:

http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=314.240

It's funny though, when people say it looks like shit, since every single person who has saw triplane2 running has been very positively suprised how good it looks. Haha.

Well anyway, though to share this with you guys. And behold, it appears we're quite free from the bots!
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:11 pm

Hmm.. impressive. Seems like TT2 is going to have some tough competition. I'm not sure if TT2 will be better than that other game. At least Crimson Glory looks a lot better.
The post above should not be taken seriously.
sey
Regular
Regular

Postby sey » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:08 am

But isn't Crimson Glory TT2? Image Everyone on their forum thinks so, and there's even a link to your site. Free advertising! B)
Sorry, bad englerish
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:34 am

Haha, I just saw that picture on their forums and thought "Dayum, TT2 is gonna have some serious competition" until realized that the picture WAS from TT2! Now you got me all hyped up again!
Raccoonbeast
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Raccoonbeast » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:26 pm

Eh, I don't know what to think. That's stupid, nasty, funny, and simply strange.
So, what should I think? :-s

Edit: There was this kind of comment too: "Is that fake? I never expect anything honest to come from ville..."
I see, that was not Evil-Ville's first this kind of pull... :/
Was ist los mit den rinkelit?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:48 pm

Neither do I. I have hard time thinking that's very very clever and funny, even if I can somehow understand it might be an attempt on humour.

You're right, it IS free advertisement :O It just feels once more bad to see the admins are allowing stuff like that to happen. I already cut my/our ties with suomipelit.com for the same reason (despite the fact they gave officially pretty okay preview(s) for tt2). Well actually in their situation it was much worse, since the guy who was allowed to state his own opinions as the site's representative was an admin, AND yet... the other staff / admins did nothing. They just let it happen. I just hate unprofessionality and shitty attitude.

(The only problem is the guy stated kind of not-so-good thing about tt2, which is cool and understandable. But they will probably never ever understand the fact why I got pissed off by their behaviour; They will probably think it's just me going nuts over something negative, since all the people these days don't consider making any mistakes, of course. We're the ultra-intelligent and mega-jovial europeans after all.

The last line was sarcasm, just in case someone didn't get it ;)

If someone would ever pull that kind of stuff on our forums for someone elses game, I'd be playing BANjo for him/her faster than you could even say diggamoofledoo. Is it wrong to require decency, etiquette and intelligence at least in your own (digital) domain?

(I'll respond for you: NO IT'S NOT WRONG. ;))
Nfsjunkie91
n00b
n00b

Postby Nfsjunkie91 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:12 pm

I'm from the Soldat forums, and just want to say:

This game you are working on looks really good, I'm honestly surprised that someone from the forums, especially since they map for and play Soldat, would complain about the graphics of TT2.
Oh yes, Evil-Ville pulls crap like that all the time. ;)

Is there a release date on TT2?
siphonophore
n00b
n00b

Postby siphonophore » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:33 pm

This is a great time for me to announce my new game! I've been working very hard at it and it's almost done! Here's a screenshot--the first one released!

Your rifle will fly long and far when I gun you down from my Triplane!
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:07 pm

Neither do I. I have hard time thinking that's very very clever and funny, even if I can somehow understand it might be an attempt on humour.

You're right, it IS free advertisement Suprised It just feels once more bad to see the admins are allowing stuff like that to happen. I already cut my/our ties with suomipelit.com for the same reason (despite the fact they gave officially pretty okay preview(s) for tt2). Well actually in their situation it was much worse, since the guy who was allowed to state his own opinions as the site's representative was an admin, AND yet... the other staff / admins did nothing. They just let it happen. I just hate unprofessionality and shitty attitude.

(The only problem is the guy stated kind of not-so-good thing about tt2, which is cool and understandable. But they will probably never ever understand the fact why I got pissed off by their behaviour; They will probably think it's just me going nuts over something negative, since all the people these days don't consider making any mistakes, of course. We're the ultra-intelligent and mega-jovial europeans after all.

The last line was sarcasm, just in case someone didn't get it Wink

If someone would ever pull that kind of stuff on our forums for someone elses game, I'd be playing BANjo for him/her faster than you could even say diggamoofledoo. Is it wrong to require decency, etiquette and intelligence at least in your own (digital) domain?

(I'll respond for you: NO IT'S NOT WRONG. Wink)

To be honest, I don't even see whats the big deal. It's just one little joke, and althought I don't find it one bit amusing, I don't find it offensive either. And if some random person happens to say TT2 looks look ugly, at the SOLDAT forums, so what? It's his/hers/their opinion. My opinion: TT2 definately looks better than Soldat, but that indeed is only MY opinion.

[RANT] I find it more offensive that somebodys making a game similar to TT, and even mentions it on their site, which in my opinion would eat potential customers from buying TT2. You're not making this exactly for money, but who's against it anyway? [/RANT]

Im guessing you cut your ties with suomipelit.com for them giving bad reviews about a game that wasn't ready? I actually have no idea what they said about the game, but I guess it surely wasn't anything flattering. And the BANjo would be singing if someone made fun of other games in your forum, right? :|
Last edited by Tumppi on Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raccoonbeast
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Raccoonbeast » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:15 pm

Nfsjunkie91 wrote:I'm from the Soldat forums, and just want to say:

This game you are working on looks really good, I'm honestly surprised that someone from the forums, especially since they map for and play Soldat, would complain about the graphics of TT2.

There is no release date on TT2, but that's very close, though.
Was ist los mit den rinkelit?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:02 pm

Tumppi wrote:To be honest, I don't even see whats the big deal. It's just one little joke, and althought I don't find it one bit amusing, I don't find it offensive either. And if some random person happens to say TT2 looks look ugly, at the SOLDAT forums, so what? It's his/hers/their opinion. My opinion: TT2 definately looks better than Soldat, but that indeed is only MY opinion.

Indeed. But you forget something. When you add enough factors together you get some, well, over-reactions. Considering this is my "life's work", I was tired from work (since I need to do some non-interesting "normal" work to live, unfortunately), the guy was Finnish (or at least the name gives that impression) and etc. Yeah I know, so what. But you know, I still think that stunt was shit and unnecessary and I doubt anyone laughed. If you say it doesn't move you the least, doesn't it kind of mean TT(2) is "so what" as well?

[RANT] I find it more offensive that somebodys making a game similar to TT, and even mentions it on their site, which in my opinion would eat potential customers from buying TT2. You're not making this exactly for money, but who's against it anyway? [/RANT]

Heh, well, I really don't think that game and ours are competitors. You know, Triplane was a rip-off from the old sopwith camel as well... :D

Im guessing you cut your ties with suomipelit.com for them giving bad reviews about a game that wasn't ready? I actually have no idea what they said about the game, but I guess it surely wasn't anything flattering. And the BANjo would be singing if someone made fun of other games in your forum, right? :|

Ah, well. Let's make few things clear. I haven't especially cut anything, I just decided that I don't approach them. If they want something the initiative is theirs to take. They gave GOOD previews in fact ;) I am however personally annoyed by the fact, that a moderator can state his personal opinions as a site's representative, AND that the owner let's it happen. Real pro stuff you see. ;) Anyway, I'm also disappointed by that's site current status; all the good people have left because of the retards, there's barely new reviews or anything and the whole site's current function seems to be to announce newest max payne 123 / flatout 123 and having really stupid arguments over something really non-relevant. If you don't believe me, search for threads of the user named Cheery in there, and despair.

I don't instaban anyone unless something really severe has been done (i.ex. hax0ring the forums, posting snuff pics etc etc) but what I espect the people to do is NOT to post a screenshot of an indie game still in production, represent it as some other game, and based on one friggin' screen shot say it's shit. Really, the nerve of some people!

Nfsjunkie91 wrote:I'm from the Soldat forums, and just want to say:

Cheers, made my day it did mmm! (yoda-mode)

Just so to make it clear: I have nothing against soldat, it's creator, forum or users in general, and I am not a retarded emo-kid who goes crying over something slightly annoying. Do you think I would gain any success in anything with that attitude ;) Yet I am ready to "defend" my own land and domain, so to speak, so at least sharing good and bad things alike related is also my responsibility in the community. That's the price of me not being a faceless person who barely follows and/or participate in any of the community, but the real every-day me. I got my ups and downs as every other human being, and as long as I'm not here as just to give out official statements (which is highly popular in this biz) you have the possibility to "really" get in touch with me. I'm not an ego-maniac, but being Triplane Turmoil fans I don't think that's consider a bad things, hmm? B)
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:05 pm

Dragst wrote:Yeah I know, so what. But you know, I still think that stunt was shit and unnecessary and I doubt anyone laughed. If you say it doesn't move you the least, doesn't it kind of mean TT(2) is "so what" as well?

The only thing I don't care about right now, is someones opinion at the soldat forums. I really don't feel like joining their forum and start ranting about the "joke" one guy happened to make, and although you didn't imply anything like that either, if someone would come here saying that TT2 looks ugly, things would definately be different.

Dragst wrote:Heh, well, I really don't think that game and ours are competitors. You know, Triplane was a rip-off from the old sopwith camel as well... :D

It indeed has some similarities to sopwith. I've never even heard of the old game until now. :P
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:44 pm

There goes last of my points, right? ;)

Yes well anyway, I didn't intend to go there either, I would have done so already. And you're absolutely right, in the end I don't care either. Stuff / People just gets on one's nerves sometimes ;)
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:46 am

Damn I've been away for a week due to computer troubles, and I come back to find something exciting going on and new news about TT2!
\o/
smelly?
a22
Regular
Regular

Postby a22 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:06 am

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in at least 2 years and then I suddenly remembered TT2 for some reason and had to check if it's out. Back to topic -> I think that was completely unnecessary and stupid of that guy.

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”