Issue, bug, feature and fix list

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:21 pm

Yes. The careers should work perfectly in the first patch. I don't know how soon we can get that out :O
Sparrowhawk
n00b
n00b

Postby Sparrowhawk » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:31 pm

I'm back, and complaining more than ever.

...just kidding, only letting you know about a minor issue. In the third Finnish mission, I killed the propagandist but later failed the mission, restarted it, and the aggravation meter never showed up. The guy was perfectly alive, though, at least until i bombed him in pieces.
sey
Regular
Regular

Postby sey » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:00 am

The 1 kill-win "cheat" still happens even when I reinstall the game - both local and ladder players.
Sorry, bad englerish
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:39 pm

buh can't play it due to the Null error :(.

Is there a quick-fix or workaround until you can get a proper patch out? I wanna play :(
smelly?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:43 pm

dekstar wrote:buh can't play it due to the Null error :(.

Is there a quick-fix or workaround until you can get a proper patch out? I wanna play :(

Can you give us a bit more info about what happens? Have you tried all the stuff I said in this thread, like -no_sound and/or window mode etc?
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:42 pm

Dragst wrote:Can you give us a bit more info about what happens? Have you tried all the stuff I said in this thread, like -no_sound and/or window mode etc?

-no_sound doesn't work because it doesn't even get to the config page without giving a problem screen. Basically it'll give the error, and then load the config screen and play the sound effects fine (like exit and the start sound), but when I click either Video Options or Audio Options it'll show an error box with "File Not found" on it. It'll still open the mini-menu for the options, but without anything in the drop down boxes, and won't allow me to click the ok button without generating the file not found error again. Launching also doesn't work.

Uuhm the Error report says it's something to do with the Offset: 000b92bc if that means anything. I can't select any of the oher text in the error report though.
smelly?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:56 pm

Never mind the launcher; Another user had the same error which was traced to OpenAL32.

Try this, go to the folder where you have installed the game and run it with -no_sound parameter. Not the launcher, but the exe directly. If you're not sure how it's done, just google for example(s).

The launcher says "file not found" because the main exe doesn't work right. I'm sorry for the inconvience.
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:00 pm

Dragst wrote:Never mind the launcher; Another user had the same error which was traced to OpenAL32.

Try this, go to the folder where you have installed the game and run it with -no_sound parameter. Not the launcher, but the exe directly. If you're not sure how it's done, just google for example(s).

The launcher says "file not found" because the main exe doesn't work right. I'm sorry for the inconvience.

Ah thanks Dragst, it's working now \o/
smelly?
randomshuffle
n00b
n00b

Re: Issue, bug, feature and fix list

Postby randomshuffle » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:06 pm

apeisa wrote:Well.. difficult is ok. But first german mission is VERY boring and much more difficult than second and third. It should be most interesting level, with dogfighting involved. It's not good to have too difficult first mission... I mean if you are looking for great sales. And of course you are and you really deserve them!

that mission really is hard... I don't have the foggiest idea of how to destroy the first gun, which blows me up if I'm flyin high. :eek: also my bombs sink to the ocean, so what should I do??? :-k

thanks Dragst and others for the wonderful, beautiful, and funny game! was worth of waiting =D>
n00b triplaner
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:18 pm

apeisa wrote:Well.. difficult is ok. But first german mission is VERY boring and much more difficult than second and third. It should be most interesting level, with dogfighting involved. It's not good to have too difficult first mission... I mean if you are looking for great sales.

Well, actually. Not everbody is a hard core TT2 veteran :) The first and second German missions are more like a bombing and dog fight tutorial. Bombing is the most crucial skill in the missions, so I think it's good to "give it all out" in the first place.

randomshuffle wrote:that mission really is hard... I don't have the foggiest idea of how to destroy the first gun, which blows me up if I'm flyin high. :eek: also my bombs sink to the ocean, so what should I do??? :-k

Okay, so the point is; Anti-Air cannon (the one which shoots single exploding grenade) is dangerous when flying high, and the Anti-Air Machine gun is dangerous when flying low-to-mid area. The first mission is a breeze, if you take out the anti-air encampments out first. Just climb up high, and when you see the island start flying towards the cannon; It will most likely miss you EVEN if it's awake enough to notice you fast enough, and release a bomb. You don't even have to hit the cannon itself, since the manning soldier will die of the blast wave if you get it even remotely close. The machine gun you should bomb higher since it will tear you to shreds if you fly towards it :)

randomshuffle wrote:thanks Dragst and others for the wonderful, beautiful, and funny game! was worth of waiting =D>

Thank you very much, hope to see you in the ladder soon! :D

Guys, should we do a "mission hint" thread? I'd be happy to see one, especially for the german missions. Volunteers, anyone?
Solobbos
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Solobbos » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:37 pm

Dragst wrote:Guys, should we do a "mission hint" thread? I'd be happy to see one, especially for the german missions. Volunteers, anyone?

I did one, http://forum.draconus.com/viewtopic.php?t=304

Hopefully it will grow bigger. I can even put stuff in the first post if the thread gets enough attention. :)
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:45 pm

Solobbos wrote:
Dragst wrote:Guys, should we do a "mission hint" thread? I'd be happy to see one, especially for the german missions. Volunteers, anyone?

I did one, http://forum.draconus.com/viewtopic.php?t=304

Hopefully it will grow bigger. I can even put stuff in the first post if the thread gets enough attention. :)

Great stuff! Thanks Solobbos!
MaZuffeR
n00b
n00b

Postby MaZuffeR » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:46 pm

Two small bugs waiting to be squished:

1.http://www.mazuffer.com/temp/tt2bug2.jpg
A bomb that was visible even if it had exploded already.

2. Fourth american mission: shouldn't you get more points the less lies and deceit the Finnish people have heard? Now you get for example 55p for 55% and 48p for 48%
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:23 pm

Ok now my game is totally messed up :(.
I finished the first German mission after a couple of lucky bombs and some good flying, and quit for a bit. Started it back up about 5 minutes ago to save these trucks, and on map load it comes up with an error (Can't remember exactly what). It's something like Failed to lock vertex buffer in something. Anyway I thought it was a RAM problem because it was 'out of memory' or something and everything went white when the map "loaded" and then booted me out.

I would give you the exact details, but after I started it back up again, after the draconus logo comes up, the screen goes instantly white now. Even the loading screen to start the game is white and I had to guess where "exit" was.

Playing on windowed mode, with audio (onboard soundcard which should be up to date-ish) uuhm quite a high resolution - 1280x1024
Other than that...

Going to restart to see if it fixes it.

Ok restarting fixes it. But now on the third German mission with the camera I can't take pictures. I get this error:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/ ... ugcopy.jpg

It resumes after I press OK, but with a bit of time missing, so my plane's already been shot down and is almost crashed.
smelly?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:54 pm

Agh, that's bad :( Sorry!

I have to thank your however supplying the info and screenshot; it's a great help. Try 1024x768 resolution, and check that your desktop is set to 32bit colour (taking wild guesses and theories in here).

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”