Issue, bug, feature and fix list

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:09 pm

Bah just loaded TT2 up again and that error's coming up. I've got it this time. There's three versions that come one after the other and end with a "send error report" screen:

"Mesh_animation::Generate{)->CreateVertexBuffer()
D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY"
Then it's:

"[Terrain] Mesh_animation::Generate{)->CreateVertexBuffer()
(D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY)"

And then:

"[Unnamed] Mesh_animation::Generate{)->CreateVertexBuffer()
D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY"

This happens on my first boot, not after a mission like I think others had. But I did change my resolution to 1024x768. Maybe that could be it. And yes I'm on 32-colour depth.
EDIT: I didn't really have any other programs open except MSN, Steam, Xfire (but it happened without Xfire or Steam on before), a memory use diagnostic tool that frees up RAM when it nearly runs out, and Norton AV.

EDIT: Here's the Error Signature:
"AppName: triplane2.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: d3d8.dll
ModVer: 5.3.2600.2180 Offset: 000367d2"
smelly?
Raccoonbeast
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Raccoonbeast » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:34 am

I have a bug in new version. Sometimes in the game I get to Windows. (it's my problem, I'm pretty sure) But when I try to go back, comes error. And when i press OK, then comes another error.

Here's the first picture: http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tt2bugiiu1.jpg

Then, when I press OK, comes this silly one: http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tt2bugi2if5.jpg

First I thought it is a virus (because of the second one), but I didn't find any with my anti-virus programs.
Was ist los mit den rinkelit?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:55 pm

Racoonbeast, I know; the game doesn't endure alt-tabbing or similar on the moment. Working on it.

Dekstar: Well, the error is quite self-explanatory, isn't it? (Out of video memory). Can you give me as good details about your video card as possible, and see if it's the minimum recommendation?
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:59 pm

Dragst wrote:Racoonbeast, I know; the game doesn't endure alt-tabbing or similar on the moment. Working on it.

Dekstar: Well, the error is quite self-explanatory, isn't it? (Out of video memory). Can you give me as good details about your video card as possible, and see if it's the minimum recommendation?

Radeon 9800 pro 128mb of vid memory. Uuhm overclocked to:
Core Speed: 412
Memory Speed: 342
So I'm pretty sure it's enough.
The rest of my specs are:
AMD AthlonXP 2500+ (1.8Ghz) overclocked to 3200+ (2.2Ghz)
1GB DDR333 Ram
And I have more than enough HD space (10gb or so?), non-fragmented.
smelly?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:13 pm

Okay, big thanks for the specs. It was the first theory that came on my mind. I'll see if we could do something about the error reporting.
ZeroOne
n00b
n00b

Issues in shareware v.1.01

Postby ZeroOne » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:06 am

I'm running the shareware version 1.01 (although I already ordered the full version :)). It has the following issues:
1) The second German mission is finished just by shooting down one enemy plane. This cannot be intentional??
2) The third German mission, the one where you are supposed to take photographs, seems to fail for no apparent reason. Sometimes I get shot down and am transported back to the hangar, sometimes it is failed in mid-air and sometimes when I get shot down. The briefing doesn't mention anything about any conditions where the mission might fail, except if you run out of planes or exceed the time limit... It's frustrating, the mission seldom lasts more than 15 seconds. :(
3) The "radar blips" may appear behind you even if you couldn't go that way to confront the enemy. It's really confusing, you'd expect the blips to be in that side of the screen where the planes are.
4) The infantry doesn't die when I shoot at them! :sniper:
Communication always fails, except by accident.
Solobbos
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Issues in shareware v.1.01

Postby Solobbos » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:40 pm

ZeroOne wrote:4) The infantry doesn't die when I shoot at them! :sniper:
Yes they do. Your's truly has succeeded at killing a finnish soldier with the mounted MG. It's hard, but it can be done.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:54 pm

ZeroOne wrote:I'm running the shareware version 1.01 (although I already ordered the full version :)).

Tally ho!

1) The second German mission is finished just by shooting down one enemy plane. This cannot be intentional??

Bug, fixed already, released in next patch.

2) The third German mission, the one where you are supposed to take photographs, seems to fail for no apparent reason. Sometimes I get shot down and am transported back to the hangar, sometimes it is failed in mid-air and sometimes when I get shot down. The briefing doesn't mention anything about any conditions where the mission might fail, except if you run out of planes or exceed the time limit... It's frustrating, the mission seldom lasts more than 15 seconds. :(

I think this is the same problem actually than above. You and one other guy are the only one's this far who have reported the problem so it's been quite hard tracking it down... On the other hand, the photographing doesn't seem to work right with more of people.

3) The "radar blips" may appear behind you even if you couldn't go that way to confront the enemy. It's really confusing, you'd expect the blips to be in that side of the screen where the planes are.

Well it's not a real radar, is it ;) It simply shows the shorter way, as the level's wrap around. Yes, it is true in some levels you can't fly towards the indicated direction, but this isn't one of those games where everything is brough upon you on a silver platter, now is it? ;)

4) The infantry doesn't die when I shoot at them! :sniper:

In theory as Solobbos here said, infantry can be killed with MG. The point is, you're not supposed to be effective against them with your MG. The infantry works differently in TT2 than it does in one, where they are not much more than target practice.
ZeroOne
n00b
n00b

Postby ZeroOne » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:38 pm

Dragst wrote:

Ah, I did read about this problem but I thought it was the 1.01 patch that was supposed to fix it. Never mind then. :)

2) The third German mission, the one where you are supposed to take photographs, seems to fail for no apparent reason.

I think this is the same problem actually than above. You and one other guy are the only one's this far who have reported the problem so it's been quite hard tracking it down... On the other hand, the photographing doesn't seem to work right with more of people.

Well, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you debug it.

3) The "radar blips" may appear behind you even if you couldn't go that way to confront the enemy.

Well it's not a real radar, is it ;) It simply shows the shorter way, as the level's wrap around. Yes, it is true in some levels you can't fly towards the indicated direction, but this isn't one of those games where everything is brough upon you on a silver platter, now is it? ;)

Sure, it's nothing major. I'll get used to it. :)

In theory as Solobbos here said, infantry can be killed with MG. The point is, you're not supposed to be effective against them with your MG. The infantry works differently in TT2 than it does in one, where they are not much more than target practice.

All right... I just had fun shooting those poor bastards in TT1, which I have probably played for hundreds of hours in the past. :)
sey
Regular
Regular

Postby sey » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:49 am

ZeroOne wrote:
Dragst wrote:

Ah, I did read about this problem but I thought it was the 1.01 patch that was supposed to fix it. Never mind then. :)

I fixed this by uninstalling the game, going to the file folder, deleting the whole thing, and reinstalling the game.
Sorry, bad englerish
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:15 am

Heh, this amazes me to byzantine depths though; I simply can't understand, why reinstalling has any effect on that since it was quite a simple bug in the end... excluding the fact it was quite well hidden B)

BUT of course it's brilliant if something so simple helps :D
sey
Regular
Regular

Postby sey » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:16 am

Just uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work for me, I had to delete the folder.
Sorry, bad englerish

ZeroOne
n00b
n00b

Jammed gun

Postby ZeroOne » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:29 pm

A couple of issues I encountered in a multiplayer-versus-computer-pilots match today:
1) I crashed into some tower when flying towards it from above - even though I wasn't even close to it. I know this has been reported previously.
2) The First/Previous/Next/Last mission buttons in the airfield seem to be one pixel off when the cursor is brought on top of them. They move one pixel down.
3) The strangest thing was that all of sudden I wasn't able to use my machine gun. It lasted for two or three flights, then fixed itself, then appeared for one more flight. This happened during one match. I was able to change the amount of bullets when I was in the hangar, but that's it. Is this some undocumented jammed weapon -feature or what?
This is even "funnier" because I had just changed my keys to 1QAXCV, because I discovered that they can be pressed simultaneously without my keyboard jamming. I also did try the gun-button alone, but it didn't work then either.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:27 pm

All known. Some fixed ;) (but not released yet) Yes, different key configurations allow more (or less) buttons simultaneously. Thanks for saying "I know this is reported already", it made my day someone actually does research before firing up stuff with the submit button!
:party:
Belford
n00b
n00b

Postby Belford » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:25 pm

- (FIXED) The roster/ladder seems to be out of sync sometime, basically wiping out local scores

Should the patch (1.01) fix this? Instead of updating the stats in ladder, the update button in the Roster menu resets every score field & completed missions.
Also, for some reason the game slows down a bit about every 5 seconds for a short period like 0,2 seconds. But that's not so critical.
I'm not sure if these specs are necessary, but anyways:
AMD Athlon64 3000+, 1024Mb DDR (400MHz), Geforce 6800LE (heavily overclocked), Windows XP w/ SP2.
Thanks.

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”