Issue, bug, feature and fix list

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Belford wrote:
- (FIXED) The roster/ladder seems to be out of sync sometime, basically wiping out local scores

Should the patch (1.01) fix this? Instead of updating the stats in ladder, the update button in the Roster menu resets every score field & completed missions.
Also, for some reason the game slows down a bit about every 5 seconds for a short period like 0,2 seconds. But that's not so critical.
I'm not sure if these specs are necessary, but anyways:
AMD Athlon64 3000+, 1024Mb DDR (400MHz), Geforce 6800LE (heavily overclocked), Windows XP w/ SP2.
Thanks.

To tell the truth I'm not sure if we (still) found out something wrong with it. However I am quite sure at least in the next patch it will work for certain (dangerous words!).

Thanks for the specs; Of course the stupid questions follow, like having lot of applications open in the background, slow hard disks (combined with previous), everything else working right with heavy overclocking etc...?
Belford
n00b
n00b

Postby Belford » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:21 pm

To tell the truth I'm not sure if we (still) found out something wrong with it. However I am quite sure at least in the next patch it will work for certain (dangerous words!).

Thanks for the specs; Of course the stupid questions follow, like having lot of applications open in the background, slow hard disks (combined with previous), everything else working right with heavy overclocking etc...?

Ok, the problem is pretty much solved now. I reinstalled Windows.. I was thinking about doing that anyways, sooner or later. I guess I had around ~35 processes running before that. Nothing but necessary applications; firewall, antivirus and stuff like that. Hard disk isn't too slow either.. Seagate(?) SATA disk, bought two years ago.
But the most important thing is that it works properly now. :party:
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:58 pm

:D

Okay, good to hear that! Cheers! :party:
verkkopeli
n00b
n00b

Re: Issue, bug, feature and fix list

Postby verkkopeli » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:27 pm

I only recently discovered TT2...and what a gem it is! I'm excited to see you're still working on it. The multiplayer would be very cool! However, I have a question regarding the game:

When I start the third American mission (rescue the sarge), the elite paratroopers start moving towards the Japanese base. However, every time they come within a few dozen pixels from the machine guns at the first enemy outpost east of the Jap base, most of them disappear altogether (no bodies visible!) and the mission fails soon after. This is not due to enemy MG fire as it happens even when I've bombed the enemy to pieces well before the paratroopers enter their field of fire. It's like they stepped on landmines, turned invisible and bled to death. Very strange, especially when it seems other people on this board have not encountered the problem.

I'm running version 1.5 straight out of the box, on a P4 2.4GHz, WinXP SP3, 1G RAM, NVidia7600GT and an SBLive5.1.

Keep up the great work, I love this game!
verkkopeli
n00b
n00b

Postby verkkopeli » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:11 pm

Here's a picture, the two blue guys were accompanied by the rest of the paratroopers just a second before this was taken:

verkkopeli
n00b
n00b

Postby verkkopeli » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:14 am

:( Seems this forum is pretty much dead and buried. No new posts in weeks. Real shame 'cos I love the game.
Masfonos
n00b
n00b

Postby Masfonos » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:11 pm

Right, so whos to blame here? You guys (and me too)! We need to re-group. Let's start by actually visiting here daily and talking.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:45 pm

Crap, sorry mate for the late answer. It's definately not dead in here, I just thought I'd configured the forum to note me everytime someone posts something but apparently it didn't work :)

Disappearing infantry? Oh dear. That's new one, nobody reported that until now... I can't promise much else than the usual (I'll see what I can do about it) but if I can't reproduce the bug myself, there's really not much to do :(

Could you give me even more spesific steps to reproduce it, and are you sure you're running the latest version of V1.05?
Independent Game Development
http://www.draconus.com/
verkkopeli
n00b
n00b

Postby verkkopeli » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:47 am

Cool...good to see this is not a dead board after all! You're right Masfonos, but then again there hasn't been much to talk about lately, regarding TT2 at least.

Could you give me even more spesific steps to reproduce it, and are you sure you're running the latest version of V1.05?

Thanks for the reply Dragst!

As far as I know, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. I just fired up the game, started playing the American campaign and bang, the third mission begun acting weird. This happens every time...One thing I haven't tried yet is starting the campaign fresh with a new pilot just in case there's something wrong with the savefile or something.

Forgive me if I misunderstood your reply, but are there more than one versions of V1.05? I have not patched my game as I thought the patch available here updates TT2 to the same version that came on my CD.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:08 pm

verkkopeli wrote:Cool...good to see this is not a dead board after all! You're right Masfonos, but then again there hasn't been much to talk about lately, regarding TT2 at least.

Yep, unfortunately. If you want to be 100% sure to stay tuned, I'd suggest of subscribing to development news thread, so you'll get an email every time I post somethere here :) For that regard, all the important news are going to be posted through the mailing list, I genuinely suggest to subscribe on that too! :) You can find it at http://www.draconus.com.

Thanks for the reply Dragst!

As far as I know, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. I just fired up the game, started playing the American campaign and bang, the third mission begun acting weird. This happens every time...One thing I haven't tried yet is starting the campaign fresh with a new pilot just in case there's something wrong with the savefile or something.

Okay. Good thinking, even though I don't think the save file has anything to do with it; the save file actually only tells which missions you have unlocked, it doesn't save the actual state of the missions or anything.

I wrote at the dev news thread a while ago - was it even yesterday? :D - that I'm considering doing a new version (V1.06) even if we still don't have the damn network game ready and polished. I promise to try this bug for couple of times and to do my best, but as I said earlier unless I can reproduce the bug there's not much to do, sorry :( If that for some reason appears to be the case, I can unlock the mission for you - assuming you're registered to the ladder - so it won't affect your ability of completing the american campagin. Sorry for the hassle and big thanks for supporting us :razz:

Forgive me if I misunderstood your reply, but are there more than one versions of V1.05? I have not patched my game as I thought the patch available here updates TT2 to the same version that came on my CD.

No, there's only one V1.05 :party: I guess you have the retail version so most likely that's V1.05 as well, you can see the version on the right-low corner in the main menu.
verkkopeli
n00b
n00b

Postby verkkopeli » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks for offering to unlock the rest of the missions. Now that's customer service if you ask me! I reinstalled the game (yeah, it's the retail version) before reading your reply, however, and the problem seems to have disappeared. Woohoo!

Oh yeah, good to see new plans coming up as well!
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:24 pm

verkkopeli wrote:Thanks for offering to unlock the rest of the missions. Now that's customer service if you ask me! I reinstalled the game (yeah, it's the retail version) before reading your reply, however, and the problem seems to have disappeared. Woohoo!

Oh yeah, good to see new plans coming up as well!

Okay, heh, these weird problems that disappear by reinstalling are just so bizzare! But nevertheless, I'm happy that it's gone ;)

I'm trying to give the best possible customer service I can under these circumstances and with the resources I have, this far I've done pretty good job even if I say that myself B)
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:16 pm

can I just say, I've just reinstalled Triplane 2, and updated. for the next update, could you make it slightly more user friendly by automatically finding the install path? just something small but would make updating a hell of a lot easier for those that don't install to the default folder.

EDIT: Also since I suck, I figured I'd do the tutorials. On the first tutorial however, I've noticed some spelling and grammar errors. I'll type up the quote they're from, and put the correct words, or words that need adding after them in brackets.

The very first slide of tutorial 1:
"These interactive tutorial (should be tutorials)..."

A bit later talking about the motor handle:
"When (the) handle is down,... and surprisingly when the handle moves to the up (position),... This handle will help you later on when you begin using the motor in more creative way (should be ways), and don't worry... We don't (won't) go into that right now!"

Then talking about the kill meter:
"Main score units in TT2 is (are) received... This will ultimately yield in (remove in) most points, especially if (your) kill-death (try kill:death as that shows it's a ratio) ratio is good."
Next slide:
"the frags are not stored in the roster so in (the) long-term the game only tracks the kills and deaths."

Bit further on talking about the machine gun:
"In the right-up (replace with top-right) corner..."

Talking about ammo, bombs, and fuel:
"(The) thing to understand is that every country has their own maximum of each,..."

Same tutorial 1 talking about payloads:
"Also, remember the triplanes are very light and fragile little buggers and if you feel like your plane (is) being sluggish then there's usually only one reason; You have too much payload! Every plane is actually capable of taking of (off) in (could be under?) full load, but in many situations it is unadviced (unadvised) to have a full load of fuel, bombs and ammo with you."

A couple of slides later, when you're taught to take off by pressing the a key:
"That's actually all there is into (to) it!"..."The type is assigned (to) you by the scenario or level"

Then the next slide:
"we tore out the motor handle from your plane so you're unable to do anything else (other) than return! so we want you to do (get rid of do) get back from the little sight seeing tour to (replace with of) the air strip."

That's all I've got so far. Will edit if I find any more in the other tutorials.

EDIT2: On the second tutorial before you even start it, the briefing says:
"This time our task is just simply enough to teach you how..."
But that's too convoluted. The sentence would flow better just with:
"This time our task is simply to teach you how..."

Then in tutorial:
"Let's see first what we are going to go through next."
should read for smoothness:
"First, let's see what we are going to go through."
Then remove the "First" from the next slide.
On that slide:
"we will actually even disable..."
You could remove 'actually' and it would read the same.

Next slide:
"you need to guide your plane through them in (a) certain order."

few more slides:
"We will pause the game (a) couple of times,..."

"Press (the) motor key (UP)! We have set 'motor toggle' on in the options, so just pressing once will set your motor on."
That reads better, the previous version wan't comprehensible.
"So, fly your plane through (these) gates without touching your motor at all."
"This is a bit more challenging than anything else we've made you do (so) far"
"Here's what we're going to do. Just like we practised, fly through these gates and they will lead you to the runway."

Will do tutorial 3 now.
Last edited by dekstar on Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smelly?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:56 pm

Weird. It should actually find the install path automatically :D

Thanks for the spelling errors; someone else also graciously sent us fixes long time ago for them, I just haven't got the patch out yet :P
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:21 pm

Dragst wrote:Weird. It should actually find the install path automatically :D

Thanks for the spelling errors; someone else also graciously sent us fixes long time ago for them, I just haven't got the patch out yet :P

Oh great, I spent YEARS doing that! :P

Maybe it's because I had the game on a separate partition?
smelly?

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”