Q's about network and payment stuff

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Q's about network and payment stuff

Postby Tumppi » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:27 pm

Just a quick question, too lazy to write hueg post:
Is it possible to play in network or lan, without buying the game, and if not, is it possible for me to register and play online or lan with my brother, who in this case does NOT buy the game.

Maybe a way I've seen in a few games before; In lan its possible for a non-registered to play with a registered friend, with all the full-game perks, but not via internet.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Re: Q's about network and payment stuff

Postby Dragst » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:13 pm

Tumppi wrote:Just a quick question, too lazy to write hueg post:
Is it possible to play in network or lan, without buying the game, and if not, is it possible for me to register and play online or lan with my brother, who in this case does NOT buy the game.

Maybe a way I've seen in a few games before; In lan its possible for a non-registered to play with a registered friend, with all the full-game perks, but not via internet.

Well, honestly I don't know yet. Most likely not due anti-piracy reasons since there are programs which map line LAN over internet :S
sey
Regular
Regular

Postby sey » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:03 am

How about playing missions in a LAN environment?
Sorry, bad englerish
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:23 am

Maybe :) It's possible some kind of "cooperative" missions or something will be done. A big maybe, though ;)
Raccoonbeast
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Raccoonbeast » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:53 pm

I'm not sure is this right topic to this, but right enough.
I want to have detailed ordering FAQ/help in finnish, because I can't understand everything so well in english. I survive with my english, but my parents (oh yes ;)) don't trust so much net-ordering, because they have not done it before. :)
So could you put that some finnish ordering help to here, Dragst?
Was ist los mit den rinkelit?
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:06 pm

Raccoonbeast wrote:I'm not sure is this right topic to this, but right enough.
I want to have detailed ordering FAQ/help in finnish, because I can't understand everything so well in english. I survive with my english, but my parents (oh yes ;)) don't trust so much net-ordering, because they have not done it before. :)
So could you put that some finnish ordering help to here, Dragst?

Pretty much the right topic ;)

I could try to help you too, if you need something translated or the whole buying process translated and explained, I could easily help you with that.

Elikkä voin auttaa sua kans tuon ostoprosessin kanssa. Jos tarvitset jotain käännettävän suomeksi tai selitettävän, se hoituu helposti.
Raccoonbeast
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Raccoonbeast » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:20 pm

Yea, I really understand english quite well, but in this case, it's not fun, when mistake costs about 22€. ;)
It wouldn't be so nice to understand something wrong, and mess everything up.

ps. Your translation makes me feel very embarrassed. :cheesy:
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:05 pm

Okay, so, in short. You probably don't need your parents since Nordea's and Sampo's (at least) Visa Electron cards work as a credit card in the shop! "Everybody" can have one in here unlike a credit card, where you have to be old enough and have stable income et cetera et cetera.

If you don't have one yourself, then perhaps some friend of you have one and you can pay him/her, so he could use the card? OR then you can just easilly apply for one yourself :)

There really isn't anything special in the process; Are you sure you don't want the boxed edition, since it's only some certain euros more and is coolest finnish indie game box ever? ;)

So in short, the most easiest way:
1. Go to webshop, and click "buy now".
2. Select from the EURO variants (since I guess you live in euro-area! ;)) either the little-less costing download only - version, or then the ultra-elite download + boxed edition for NO POSTAL FEES AT ALL and you still get to play the game instantly!

:party:

3. When asked for card details, just enter your / payers information and select Credit Card, yes, even if it's an Electron. Fill out the form carefully and correctly, and everything will go just fine like always when buying online :) The email address is very crucial to be correct since you will receive the registeration receipt, keycode and full-version download link as an email.
4. That's it! :D Please note that if you have decided to become a proud owner of the boxed edition, it might take couple of weeks before it will arrive; We post-poned the manufacturing a bit in order to fix some of the worst issues! (careful estimation would be 1-3 weeks.)

If something goes wrong, don't worry; I'll handle and remedy the situation correctly and make absolutely sure you, as a dear customer, don't lose a penny. I have the power even to refund real credit cards! ;)

Actually, this far nothing has gone wrong for once; everybody has received exactly what they paid for with exactly the price they expected. :)
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:38 pm

I made a pretty short (hopefully at least somewhat useful :S) guide on how to buy TT2. For finnish people who don't have too good english. Not many of them I quess, but still, it doesn't hurt.
Raccoonbeast
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Raccoonbeast » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:56 pm

Okey, I'm pretty sure, that I'll order the Boxed version. The cover of the boxed edition is so cool, and the CD looks so great!
I don't have any other reason, I quess. B)
And now, ordering TT 2 looks a lot of easier, thanks to you Dragst and Tumppi!
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:17 pm

No worries, big thanks to Tumppi! We hope you enjoy the game for years to come! :D
apeisa
n00b
n00b

Postby apeisa » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:18 pm

Why euro version is always so much more than dollar version? Euro download is over 29 dollars... plus VAT to this price...

And dollar download version is just 24.95$ and there is no VAT to that price...

So what's the reason for this? Europeans are used to pay more, or is there some other reason?

Not complaining though, that is not too high price for a quality indiegame!
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:28 pm

Heh, good notice. Well, the question is quite easy, actually. It is an unfortunate fact that internet and indie/casual game purchasing is much "slower" and in smaller magnitude than what it is in USD; Everyone is broke in EU, and in USA everybody has money, right? ;) Just kidding, of course.

Basically it is a (hard) market-political decision which unfortunately favours US market, since it's just a fact that per one european customers there is 5 to 10 US ones. You just can lower the unit price, since the volume is so much higher. We have to think of these (business & marketing) aspects as well, if we intend to keep up doing good stuff. Finland and UK also has the highest VAT in the europe (22%), which creates of course a hard impact on especially Finnish customers. Please remember, that we get none of those pennies; They are pure taxation euros for the state :S

Boxed version postal fees is also one thing. In states our partener will have to pay less than 1.2 euros to ship one copy, where in here we expect at least 2-4 eur postal fee. It's not exactly a post card you know... B)

If you ever wondered why stuff costs less abroad, there you have it. The reason for it is just that simple, heh.

Show them that european customers are also willing to buy quality stuff! And next game will have lower EUR price, right?! :D
apeisa
n00b
n00b

Postby apeisa » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:48 pm

That is just the reason what I thought :)

Btw, what kind of business plans do you have? Will we find TT2 from big portals like Reflexive and RealArcade? How much do they cut from the price?

Also joining IGF could give some nice publicity. Deadline is over, but it's annual so next years awards are waiting for TT2.
http://www.igf.com/
Raccoonbeast
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Raccoonbeast » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:26 pm

Will TT 2 ever be in gaming shops, exactly there on shelf?
Just asking. :)

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”