Q's about network and payment stuff

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:54 pm

Raccoonbeast wrote:Will TT 2 ever be in gaming shops, exactly there on shelf?
Just asking. :)

That's partly up to you, to ask TT2 from different shops and try to promote it enough. Although I doubt couple of humble customers here and there would be enough to bring TT2 to shelves alone. We need to -promote-! :D
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:27 pm

apeisa wrote:That is just the reason what I thought :)

Btw, what kind of business plans do you have? Will we find TT2 from big portals like Reflexive and RealArcade? How much do they cut from the price?

All kinds of ;) With TT2 I doubt we go into "portal business". I don't think anyone would accept a hard core game into those casual / mainstream business'. Cug's next game which we are currently producing will most probably go into reflexive or similar ;)

Of course I can't get much into details, but let's say that first we need to polish this, then manufacture the boxed version, and then to get it on the shelves. That's about what I can share with the public.

Also joining IGF could give some nice publicity. Deadline is over, but it's annual so next years awards are waiting for TT2.
http://www.igf.com/

Yes, IGF would be nice. Too bad we just missed it :( But no matter, I'm sure we get into that later on ;)
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:29 pm

Tumppi wrote:
Raccoonbeast wrote:Will TT 2 ever be in gaming shops, exactly there on shelf?
Just asking. :)

That's partly up to you, to ask TT2 from different shops and try to promote it enough. Although I doubt couple of humble customers here and there would be enough to bring TT2 to shelves alone. We need to -promote-! :D

Absolutely! :D Every time you go into a place they sell games in, ask for Triplane Turmoil 2 and say it's the brand new finnish game ;) (if you live in Finland, that is.)
Solobbos
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Solobbos » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:20 pm

VALVe has taken some pretty minority games to Steam webshop. When TT2 is finished enough, you should ask if they would be interested with adding the game to Steam. If it could get there, it would get much more attention than it does at this moment.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:53 am

Yep, that's one of the things we're going to do. But before the network and stability... no way. ;)
Solobbos
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Solobbos » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:27 am

Dragst wrote:Yep, that's one of the things we're going to do. But before the network and stability... no way. ;)

Yup, the product should be finished quite completely before even asking VALVe about putting it in Steam. I have a funny feeling that they might just accept the game to their system. Then again, I don't really know how VALVe deals with an invidual.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:11 pm

Solobbos wrote:
Dragst wrote:Yep, that's one of the things we're going to do. But before the network and stability... no way. ;)

Yup, the product should be finished quite completely before even asking VALVe about putting it in Steam. I have a funny feeling that they might just accept the game to their system. Then again, I don't really know how VALVe deals with an invidual.

... but we're not an individual... :D
Solobbos
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Solobbos » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:42 pm

Dragst wrote:... but we're not an individual... :D

Well, that's true. United we stand! We'll shout our message to VALVe so hard that they'll hear it.

I can shout pretty loud, so I'm an excellent addition to our cause. :)
halfdan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby halfdan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:37 pm

Talking about network. Do you know when the network play would be ready to play? Not that it has any haste - think I will have my hands full with the non-network game. It would just be interesting to compete against other TT players abroad.

Is there any chance of seeing network of TT I? It could be interesting. Any way, the network play in TT II must of course be first priority.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:47 pm

I'd say couple of months; might be faster, but I don't want to give out empty promises. The more we have to spend on getting the game more stable, the longer will the V1.1 take.

About tt1... I think we let the old veteran have peace now, shall we? The problem is also that there is also a legislative issue since it's not a draconus game.

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”