Multiplayer Mode

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
halfdan
Rookie
Rookie

Multiplayer Mode

Postby halfdan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:35 pm

I have just got the shareware version of Triplane Turmoil II. I am strongly considering buying the full version, but I have a question about the multiplayer mode. Is it possible to split screen in two or must it always be splitted in four?

I want to use the occation to thank you for a wonderful game. I have played Triplane Turmoil (I) for many years and was really looking forward too this release. What I have seen so far has been very impressing.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:21 am

Hello there Cloud Str...I mean Halfdan! :) Nice to have you here, and thanks for the kind words!

On the moment unfortunately there is no possibility to change the view layout. It has been suggested by the community already, and it's likely that we decide to implement it when we're done with the more critical problems :)

Hope to see you in the ladder soon!
halfdan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby halfdan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:56 pm

Sounds great!

I've played some more multiplayer now and I am getting used to the new layout. So it won't go many days before I order the full version. In the start I found TT II a bit hard, since it's quite different from TT I. But the more I play the game the better I like it. So the question now is not to buy the game or not, I am considering downloading vs. ordering.
gnarkill
n00b
n00b

Postby gnarkill » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:35 pm

Hey, H. Guess who this is.
DUDE!
halfdan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby halfdan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:07 am

gnarkill wrote:Hey, H. Guess who this is.

Seems like you found the forum before me... We must try out the multiplayer function together someday. I'm training hard now to beat you (like in TT1 ;) ).
halfdan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby halfdan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:01 pm

I have played some multiplayer today, and there are a few things that needs improvement, in my opinion:

1. Sometimes the screen/picture freezes for a moment, a thing that can be crucial when playing "Wasteland"
2. It is not possible to press more than maybe five buttons at a time. Does anyone know how I can adjust the amounts of possible buttons pressed.

By the way, the Russian plane is the worst ever. Everything about is slow; the moving, the shooting frequence, the reaction and the turning. On the other the plane can fly for 2 hours straight if left alone. I always fly with only a quarter of the tank full, and I still have plenty airtime to use my 6 bombs.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:49 pm

halfdan wrote:1. Sometimes the screen/picture freezes for a moment, a thing that can be crucial when playing "Wasteland"

Strangeness. There shouldn't be anything level spesific, I'll look into it when I can.

2. It is not possible to press more than maybe five buttons at a time. Does anyone know how I can adjust the amounts of possible buttons pressed.

Mate, you're barking at the wrong tree; It's been like that for last 10 years or so, when keyboard manufacturers decided to cut the costs; There is no modern normal PC keyboard where you can press more buttons, it's all about hardware, not software. I'm not sure though, if "gaming keyboards" which cost a lot more work differently, like this G15 of mine.

By the way, the Russian plane is the worst ever. Everything about is slow; the moving, the shooting frequence, the reaction and the turning. On the other the plane can fly for 2 hours straight if left alone. I always fly with only a quarter of the tank full, and I still have plenty airtime to use my 6 bombs.

Ha! Worst you say... wait until you get 2 friends with you, all of you packing 6 bombs each, and air-raiding an enemy base. Now THERE'S something which will bring tears of joy to even hardened veteran's face ;)
halfdan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby halfdan » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:22 am

How does the score work in multiplayer mode? Some pilots get very much negative score (the same amount as times killed), but the pilot who gets plus-scores often has a desimal number (like 15,8).

I had 15,8 in score with 27 frags, 27 kills and 18 deaths. How does the game figure out the score to be exactly 15,8?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:48 pm

Well ... :) We never revealed in TT1 how scores are calculated and I suppose we're following the same pattern here B)
Spud MOTS
n00b
n00b

Postby Spud MOTS » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:47 pm

I think points should be awarded for bombing enemy buildings. Otherwise there is no point to bombing them at all! (Except for maybe base destruction)

And the Russian plane is one of my favorites, when you run it with 2 bombs half ammo, you can tear through some of the fighters, i find the german plane to be very weak to the russians uber-stall-turn.

once i had 63 kills/frags and 2 deaths, and i think i had like 6000 points

ALSO what is a "frag?"
Spud, Master of the Skies!
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:33 pm

Frags are like the run-time scores. If you crash or shoot down team-mates, you lose frag(s). But it doesn't have any effect on the roster, kills or so.

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”