Error

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
gnarkill
n00b
n00b

Error

Postby gnarkill » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:32 pm

I was gonna test the TTII demo today, and it looked really good, but when I clicked the Rooster-button/buildning, I got an error:

"Ogg_stream::Play() alSourceQueueBuffers: Invalid operation OpenAL error"

What's this? What can I do to fix it?

Thanks
DUDE!
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:14 pm

This is an compatibility issue with the OpenAL libraries (Which as we know now, suck). Try running the game (not the launcher) with the command "-no_sound".

EDIT: I just saw a possible fix for the problems, which was also in the Q2E port forums:

If you're having problems with it (like QAL_GetProcAddress errors during Q2E initialization), try using these files.
Unzip them to your Windows/System32 directory. If the problem persists, try unzipping to your Q2E (TT2 in this case) directory instead.

Please answer whether it works. : ) If it works, I'll have the files uploaded on a private server rather than using Q2E's bandwidth. The said error is different, but dunno, it just might work: /
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:45 pm

We are trying to tackle this issue; It's (mostly) a dll conflict. I managed to fix the problem with one user who had the problem.
    Try putting the openal32.dll and wrap_oal.dll from (for example) that q2 package fix Tumppi kindly listed into tt2 installation directory. With one user it helped when he removed manually nvopenal.dll from windows' system32 directory. Make sure you know what you're doing if you're following these instructions :)

Heh, they don't actually suck, just the support for them ;) The ironic thing is that it's actually quite good system. Just didn't expect this much trouble :S
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:03 pm

Yay! Sound!

And just finished the first German mission! \o/
smelly?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:51 pm

BRILLIANT!

Update your scores to ladder asap! :D
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:18 pm

Dragst wrote:BRILLIANT!

Update your scores to ladder asap! :D

My ladder score sucks :(.
Any chance of adding a link onto ladder.draconus.com that redirects to either the TT2 page of Draconus, or the forums? Makes navigating easier.
smelly?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:56 pm

Possible. Just never thought it's that often people going to tt2 site from ladder. Also, hope you understand we're first trying to do our best to fix the critical errors in the game itself :)
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:01 pm

Dragst wrote:Possible. Just never thought it's that often people going to tt2 site from ladder. Also, hope you understand we're first trying to do our best to fix the critical errors in the game itself :)

Yeah ok I'll just use bookmarks :)
smelly?
gnarkill
n00b
n00b

Postby gnarkill » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:43 pm

Thanks for all the replies, guys. For some reason i forgot all about this thread. I still get the error, but if I just click "ok" the game carries on. Nothing to worry about. Great game!
DUDE!

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”