Tips & Tricks - Finnish Missions *SPOILERS!*

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
halfdan
Rookie
Rookie

Tips & Tricks - Finnish Missions *SPOILERS!*

Postby halfdan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:04 am

Share your tips from the Finnish missions here.
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:47 am

2. Spyplane Turmoil:

- This one is a breeze. Just get away from the hangar with your bomb equipped, fly right until you see a burning plane that has crashed down. Now, start looking on the ground for a soldier moving there. Fly towards him and drop a bomb to kill him. If you want some extra points, you can kill the enemy plane a few times for a little bonus at the end of the mission.

This hint was taken from the Tips & Tricks topic
Solobbos
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Solobbos » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:27 pm

I would like to see the appropriate guys credited for the tips they have provided.

By the way, could someone tell me what houses am I supposed to bomb in the Finnish mission where the american houses are a nuisance for the Finnish culture? Some descriptive hints, or better yet, screenshots would be nice.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:23 pm

Solobbos wrote:I would like to see the appropriate guys credited for the tips they have provided.

By the way, could someone tell me what houses am I supposed to bomb in the Finnish mission where the american houses are a nuisance for the Finnish culture? Some descriptive hints, or better yet, screenshots would be nice.

I don't normally post hints or so, but now I had to; You answer to your own question in this same post, if you pay attention :D
Murska
n00b
n00b

Postby Murska » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:45 pm

Anyone know why I can't seem to hit the second windmill in the first mission? Is it just me or do my bombs always either go through it to the sea or hit the land near it?

EDIT: What's up? I seem to be the only one who has posted anywhere on these forums in the year 2007...
Herne
n00b
n00b

Postby Herne » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:54 pm

I have same problem with the second windmill, my bomb always goes throught that >:(
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:05 pm

It seems that you should attempt to bomb the windmill from the right side, rather than the left.
The post above should not be taken seriously.
hornet
n00b
n00b

Postby hornet » Wed May 23, 2007 9:56 am

Bombing is one of the greatest problems in the whole game. You fly in two dimensions whereas you miss your targets in three. I usually use the 'dive bombing' method due to its relatively good accuracy. But still although you flew straight towards a structure and released your bombs, there is a high chance of missing the target due to the targets being in three dimensions. I also found this mission relatively hard and had problems especially with the second windmill. I really do not have any other hint but to try untill you succeed.
A man walked into a bar - OUCH!
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Wed May 23, 2007 9:22 pm

Actually, you're wrong. The calculations are done in 2D, and the z-axis "depth" is manually adjusted if you have enough altitude. Dive bombing is a way to go if you want to make sure, but some proper blind carpet bombing every here and then also brings smile on your face! ;)
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:18 pm

Arctic Windmills:
The second windmill should be bombed from left to right. Otherwise hitting it might be impossible.

Spyplane Turmoil:
This one is a no brainer. Fly low and keep your eyes on the ground. Once you see the foul spy running in the woods, drop your bomb of great justice upon him.

Operation S.T.F.U.:
After bombing the usurper, try to save your plane. If that fails, like it usually does, don't mind it. Keep taking off, bombing and landing constantly to diminish the Russian ranks. Keep your eyes on the clock. At some point you might want to hide in the hangar for the rest of the time and hope that your infantry wins the battle.

Unbeknownst to Us:
It might be useful to find out which of the buildings are the foul American ones. One is a white house with a car next to it, one is the second watchtower and the last one is the flight control tower. Try to find the correct buildings by bombing suspicious buildings and quitting the mission to see if your score increased from the starting score. After you know the correct buildings, kill as many American planes you can while bombing the three dreaded buildings of doom. Also: remove one hundred points of coolness for resorting to spoilers and failing to experience the fun of finding out the correct buildings by yourself.

Bastu Busters:
Not much need for hints I'm afraid. Just blow up the fould buildings and drop a few enemies while you are at it. You need to be fast, however. You don't want the enemy to repair their destroyed buildings.

Finnish Finale:
Well if you got up to this point, you really don't need any hints to beat this one. Just kill them all. And bring honour to your fatherland.
Armando
n00b
n00b

Postby Armando » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:24 pm

=D> =D> =D>

I honour you and thank you for your conclusion. You have done something no one else didnt bother to do (and I understand why). If only someone would make that from every nation (just kidding, you dont have to).
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:34 am

I actually was planning to do ones for all the nations. And I still am.
Armando
n00b
n00b

Postby Armando » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:56 pm

Beautiful!

So does that actually means that you've completed all the missions for all the nations? You damn veterans sure have played this game a lot havent you?

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”