Strafing?

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
Spud MOTS
n00b
n00b

Strafing?

Postby Spud MOTS » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:11 pm

Russian mission #3 almost requires this. It is insanley difficult to defeat the finnish planes while bombing their ground troops, your not manuverable enough with more than 2 bombs, and those ground troops can be tricky to hit.

So why shouldnt i be able to shoot them with my guns? It would be fun, and when we get networking we could organise wars where a key strategy is to strafe enemy troops.
Spud, Master of the Skies!
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:27 pm

Well, in short you "can" strafe the infantry. The point just is that the machine guns in the planes are low-fire rate guns and in WW1 they certainly were not usable against infantry. Not that our game is very realistic anyway but still ;)

Also, when the infantry moves as a task force they actually tend to be much more prone to gun fire from planes.

Hmm, russian 3 should not be that hard. You can actually quite easilly turn the mostorous finnish plane speed against them, since if you can just avoid their hit and run you get much time to maneuver again into a position. Try touching the motor to do sudden changed with your velocity, and even try stalling to your advantage! B)
Spud MOTS
n00b
n00b

Postby Spud MOTS » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:28 pm

I have found out the problem with strafing. The troopers rarley walk in line with your guns. you should set the bullets up so they will do the same thing as the bombs and shoot troopers.
Spud, Master of the Skies!
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:07 am

Well, what you call a problem is a feature by design. I say once more than when the troopers move as a task force, they're _more likely_ to be on the same depth as your plane.

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”