Congratulations to the team!

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
Granz
n00b
n00b

Congratulations to the team!

Postby Granz » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:30 pm

This is possibly the best shareware game I've ever played. I played TT1 but this is not a typical sequel.

Some full scale commercial games don't have an active ground war going on simultaneously with the air war like this game has.

The way depth is controlled with altitude is very different but completely reasonable. Higher altitude does give you a better field of view so it's nicely replicated here. It seems some items are too deep to ever reach, and there is some fudging with the bombing depth so that it's not completely dependent on altitude, but it all works well for this type of game.

If a briefing room existed, and there was some way for the player to communicate with wingmen and ground troops, it would be even better, but it's obvious that the potential is there. I'd love to see some kind of visual cue that notifies me of my ground troops' current mission. Sometimes it's unclear what they're really up to.

It took me a while to get used to the controls. Maintaining direction of flight, the same key causes the nose of your plane to go up whether you're inverted or not. That is strange and it was hard to get used to at first. I'm not sure what the reasoning is, but once you get used to it it's fine.

Congratulations guys. This is a very impressive product. I'm eagerly anticipating networked multiplayer.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:30 am

Thank you very much sir! :D It's always the best to hear someone has liked our game :) We're pretty proud of it!

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”