Joystick problems

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
Armando
n00b
n00b

Joystick problems

Postby Armando » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:45 am

Just came to complain here for some problems I have when I play with joystick. First of all its a bit problematic to land when you cant press both up and down to break. It would be nice to have a separate brak button (im probably asking too much here but still...)

Also, to annoy you even more by complaining, even tough i love the game, despite of some small errors, wich dont bother me dont worry its a great game, but still, anywhay back to complaining, when I fly too high and the plane starts to stall I just cant gain control anymore (Of course I might be just too slow, but I can do it with the keyboard).

I dont demand solutions quickly (its not that important). Joystick playing is just so cool so its a shame you get so much disadvantages from it.
Spud MOTS
n00b
n00b

Postby Spud MOTS » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:44 pm

I have found the same problems using my gamepad.

You cannot recover from a stall, just dont go above the screen lol.

and landiong is as simple as slowing down (turning off your engine) before the runway a bit. then just tap your motor button and you can land on asbout half of the runway.

yeah
Spud, Master of the Skies!
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:20 pm

Hmm, the joystick users should have an automatic brake when landing... I must check it if there's something wrong with it.

The brake button is missing simply for the reason of supporting 2-button gamepads. It is another question if it was a good decision or not...

It should be as "easy" to recover from stall with joystick as with keyboard, you just need to go crazy with the buttons and the controller!
Armando
n00b
n00b

Postby Armando » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:02 am

oh so there is an automatic break. Well I guess I should try joystick again(for I havent played whit it for a while).

By the way, since I´m not familar whit computers, or maybe I dont understand the english word, or maybe I´m, simply, bit stupid, but what´s a gamepad?

Cant wait the next patch and when the multiplayer comes. Just when is that happening (I mean how much time do I have for practising).
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:14 pm

I'm sure your english is just fine :)

Gamepad is just a controller which playstation, xbox etc use (so there is no "stick") as in where a joystick is a real stick like which you use in flight simulators and so.

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”