Running TT II with Windows Vista

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Running TT II with Windows Vista

Postby TZ » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:32 am

As the inevitalbe transition to Vista slowly begins, here's how you'll get your shiny TT II working with the new operating system.

1. Use the dreader right mouse button of doom on your TT2 exe and select properties.

2. Select the compatibility tab.

3. Choose to run the game in Win95 compatible mode. Windows XP mode seems to fail epically, so do NOT choose that one.

4. Run TT2 exe, and everything should run smoothly!

5. However if the game feels slower than before or appears laggy, drop your game resolution by one or two steps.

6. ???

7. Profit!
The post above should not be taken seriously.
Tumppi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tumppi » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:37 pm

For teh lulz!
Flash_Gordon
n00b
n00b

Re: Running TT II with Windows Vista

Postby Flash_Gordon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:47 am

Just to developers information:
I have experienced random crashes in Vista 64 bit Business, not often, but 4 or 5 times during a weeks play. 2 types of chrashes appears. One type of crash is sort of a "lag to the max", and the screen turns black. Another type is a something that looks like a pause in the game (everyting appears not to move at all), but the sound continues. It returns in a few frames at a time, with the time running, so its pretty hard to control. Then ultimately the plane crashes, and I return to the hangar.

I will try to run the game in win95 mode instead. Thx for the tip.

Also - thanks for a great game. A buddy of mine and I have played a lot of the "oldschool" games like triplane I, Liero, slimeball etc. - and thought that TT 2 would never arrive! It´s so nice!
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Re: Running TT II with Windows Vista

Postby Dragst » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Cheers :)

Well, I have Vista Business x64 (gaah) these days as well but haven't seen TT2 crashing yet.

One thing that crossed my mind; have you tried the large memory circumventer? I had to use that on Stalker and Sid Meier's Railroads to avoid random crashing. TT2 is not - as the fastest might have realized - compiled for x64 and it appears many games still suffer from the memory allocation problem. Check this out http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/39309975/m/460006839831?r=200001859831

Hope it helps. I dunno if we will compile x64 version when we finally release the network version :)
Independent Game Development
http://www.draconus.com/

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”