screen is STRECHED due to widescreen monitor

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
guabe-guabe
n00b
n00b

screen is STRECHED due to widescreen monitor

Postby guabe-guabe » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:02 am

I just upgraded to a new 22" Acer X223WBD widescreen monitor for my PC using a Geforce 4 MX420 vga card.

What I want to do is play TT2 without the stretched display to gain more accurate representation and make text more readable. I don't like playing in a window because the desktop distracts from the game; ideally, black bars should fill the left and right screen space.

This is the Nvidia software custom timings config. I've played around a little but to no avail. What should I do?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:21 am

Hey there,

I'm sorry to say but our engine does not support widescreen in any way (including de-widescreenize in full-screen mode) and honestly since we're going to change our 3D engine at some point, I don't think we're going to implement widescreen features to Nemesis (our own 3d engine). I hope this is not too bad of a disappointment...

I'll put it on the improvement list though but no promises! :)
guabe-guabe
n00b
n00b

Postby guabe-guabe » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:23 am

Thanks that's OK Dragst!

The nVidia software should be able to handle 1:1 aspect ratio mode on any monitor, it's just a matter of doing some tweaking. Besides, it's not such a big deal; my brothers seem to actually prefer widescreen mode.

But that doesn't satisfy me. I've been searching for solutions on a number of technical websites, but no luck, so the question is still in the air.

Any bright techies out there?

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”