Digital Distribution

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
Razalhague
n00b
n00b

Digital Distribution

Postby Razalhague » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:39 pm

Why isn't this game available on common game distribution platforms such as Steam, Impulse, GamersGate, etc?

Having to pay almost $4 extra for the "privilege" of being able to download the game for a whopping one year after the purchase is really putting me off from buying this (IMHO the game is slightly overpriced even without that, but that's beside the point).
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Re: Digital Distribution

Postby Dragst » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:28 pm

Razalhague wrote:Why isn't this game available on common game distribution platforms such as Steam, Impulse, GamersGate, etc?

Having to pay almost $4 extra for the "privilege" of being able to download the game for a whopping one year after the purchase is really putting me off from buying this (IMHO the game is slightly overpriced even without that, but that's beside the point).

Hey,

Good question, and there might be something happening on this horizon very soon. If you need one short answer in a nutshell: I had quite a lot other stuff in my life in last 6 months or so, and haven't been able to pursue that issue and also Valve is pretty hard to get in touch with (trust me I've tried). But once again I'm trying ;) Steam and Impulse would be my first personal choices.

On the other issue, I don't know what you mean by one year? If you buy the game you get it permanently, I haven't set any time limits or so. It's possible that the ecommerce provider does something like that but I've always renewed the download link when asked to. Don't pay for any extra mumbojumbo like "extra download service" as it's not our service at all :)

Over-priced, well. Everybody would like to get everything free IS of course the basic issue, but let's think of this; Back in 2006 when we released this (and I've already dropped the price once) your average casual game was exactly the same price, except with one important difference: Those games have an average time-span of 2-3 hours in my hands (I can solve 70% of almost anything in the given demo time of 60 mins or so what reflexive offers, or at least offered) but TT2 can be easily said to have tens of hours with the campaign missions alone. I know people who still play the original TT1 even after 13 years :) So if we want to do some math magic you could consider TT2 a bargain: casual game $19.95 / 3h = $6.65 per hour yield, and TT2 $19.95 / 20h = $0.9975 so from this perspective it is ridiculously cheap ;) It has a vast amount of content and I guarantee you won't solve the campaign missions in less than 10-20 hours.

You are free to disagree of course! It is possible that if we happen to get this on any Digital Distributor the price will drop. Time will well.

Take care!
Independent Game Development
http://www.draconus.com/

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”