Infinity project?

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
BlueBullet
n00b
n00b

Infinity project?

Postby BlueBullet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:56 am

Okay long story short, how is the triplane project going? I've heard nothing considering the multiplayer, and there as neither been any minor updates or anything. Gimme even just a little bit of hope that there will be a finished TT2!

Or should I consider this a dead project?

:eek:
Finn-maniac is airborne!
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Infinity project?

Postby dekstar » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:03 pm

No it's not dead, just have some patience.
smelly?
BlueBullet
n00b
n00b

Postby BlueBullet » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:20 pm

Well, I thank you for that, though it's rather interesting to say "some patience" as we've been waiting for the internet-multiplayer for many years now.

But anyway, thanks for awakening the hope again. What would the world be without TT! [-o<
Finn-maniac is airborne!
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:07 pm

Yeah, tell me about it. There's been a turmoil of things happening, both related the game development and my personal life. I can't say much actual work has been put into the networking lately.

Let me put it this way.

TT2 has been not been by a clear mile profitable for Draconus at all, so cash-flow wise putting any work into it is stupidity. We can't get the game into steam, impulse or anything at all which is sad but true; none of the people appraising the games for those just haven't seen the appeal, which is understandable. The game has easily less customers than one thousand so please try to understand.

However, my sense of honour does not allow to let it go just like that and I've never (yet) accepted it. We just need some proper income to the company first and then I consider it much more realistic to finish the damn multiplayer.
Independent Game Development
http://www.draconus.com/
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dekstar » Mon May 03, 2010 2:07 am

Awh that sounds lame Dragst :(. The amount of people that played TT1 and remember it being an awesome game and would be willing to plonk down for the sequel probably amounts to a load, but yeah it's a bit of a catch-22 I guess, since their main want would be internet multiplayer, but if you're not getting people buying it now, you can't implement it.

I hope it all gets worked out man, it's definitely a game worthy of turning a profit for you and doing well.
smelly?
Baron
n00b
n00b

Postby Baron » Tue May 18, 2010 6:15 pm

I have been playing this game for a while. I have already tried the multiplayer with the shared monitor. It is an awesome game (and I have already played it through) but I have a hard time to get my friends buy the whole version. They are not so good and have tried a couple of missions but not finished anyone. I think that multiplayer game would get them more interested as they could play with me from a distance, where bombing skills are not so important.

Are there any guaranties that the game will get into internet? I would also like to challenge the top pilots. I would like to know if my friend has any reasons for fearing its not coming in a few years or not at all?

PS. Why is my picture in the TAF passport not been accepted, or have you just not enough time?
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Fri May 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Baron, yep I seriously hope we get the netplay done :)

Sorry about the picture approving thing, it appears I haven't received the usual notification for it. I'll go to check it right now!
Independent Game Development
http://www.draconus.com/
Solobbos
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Solobbos » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:42 am

I feel a bit betrayed, since I mainly bought Triplane Turmoil 2 to play it online with my friends. Now, after waiting several years for the online game which probably won't ever be released, I feel quite bad.

Still, I understand a game with under 1000 buyers can't really ever have any players online, but still. Even if the online support comes now, I think it'll be too little, too late.

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”