New idea/thing: Uusi asia

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
paroni
n00b
n00b

New idea/thing: Uusi asia

Postby paroni » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:38 pm

Uusi idea voisi olla tämä: Tällä kertaa älyttömä...
:cheesy: tarkotan ukot EI enää juokse päin puuta. Nyt niitä voisi käskeä.
Näppäimistössä olisi napu, josta voisi käskeä ukkoja hyökkäämään, puolustamaan tai pysäyttää tuli. Näin TT2 pelistä voisi tulla paras -imuroi ja pelaa- peli. MINÄ ainakin pitäisin. No mitä piditte, olisiko tässä mitään järkeä?

:S [/u]

Translated by moderators:
New idea could be this: This time insa.. I mean troopers wouldn't run like wingless chickens around. Now you could command them. There would be a key which could be used to issue commands for infantry, like 'open fire' or 'cease fire'. Like this TT2 could be the best "leech'n'play" game. I'd at least would like it. Well what did you think, does this make any sense?
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:13 pm

Spek enkrish juu fuul! Me no speek finnisks!

And why would you want TT2 to be C&C? The troops will be intelligent enough without you being able to command them...
The post above should not be taken seriously.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:15 pm

In short: No.

It is too obvious choice to turn it into an RTS, and I think the genre is quite abdutant on the moment. (to be a little sarcastic...)

Imagine, it is an impossibility to control them anyway, most of the time you don't even have a visual contact to your troops so how exactly would you know what command to issue and where?

No, guys, I'll tell you this now: The whole major point in TT2 is the "gameplay-technical representation the ground forces offer the player(s)". In other words, infantry has quite much larger role in the game with default rules/options. If the combat is balanced in the air, then it will be in the ground too. If you pummel the enemy's base and 0wn the poor guy, your infantry will have an opportunity to assault the base since the enemy's troops need to spend time repairing buildings, resupplying weapons, putting out fires et cetera.

Now there's some elite game design skillz, instead of the old "oh-I've-seen-this-about-n-+-1-time-already" games... If possible, none of our games will be exactly some default crap with no new ideas at all.
Last edited by Dragst on Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:23 am

Oh poop! That sounds kewl! Must buy!!
Botch
Regular
Regular

Postby Botch » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:45 pm

Dragst wrote:
No, guys, I'll tell you this now: The whole major point in TT2 is the "gameplay-technical representation the ground forces offer the player(s)". In other words, infantry has quite much larger role in the game with default rules/options. If the combat is balanced in the air, then it will be in the ground too. If you pummel the enemy's base and 0wn the poor guy, your infantry will have an opportunity to assault the base since the enemy's troops need to spend time repairing buildings, resupplying weapons, putting out fires et cetera.

Now there's some elite game design skillz, instead of the old "oh-I've-seen-this-about-n-+-1-time-already" games... If possible, none of our games will be exactly some default crap with no new ideas at all.

Sounds very cool!
Rharhahhraharahaaa! Rahaa!
paroni
n00b
n00b

Postby paroni » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:22 pm

Okey okey... But is in that TT2 any new things?
Pölöjä on pölöjä vaikka voissa paistais
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:31 pm

paroni wrote:Okey okey... But is in that TT2 any new things?

I have to honestly say that I don't understand what you are asking :heh:
Narceh
Regular
Regular

Postby Narceh » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:17 pm

In any case, TT2 sounds well worth the wait (and the price) whenever it'll be out

And my spacebar is dying. Just ignore it ;)
Narceh, aka Taalen for IRCnet

"Smile and be happy - it could be worse. So I smiled, I was happy - and it got worse"
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:18 pm

Indeed it sound well worth it's price. For a moment I thought "25 €! That's a ripoff!" But then I heard how great the game is going to be.
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:58 pm

Heh, yeah, and remember.... those "good ol'" SW games like duke3d (which is infact - I think - all-time top SW seller) cost a normal game price. And this isn't going to be exactly "suomipeli" (finnish SW game) in a meaning of being a small beginner-made quick one-man project.
Ezko
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ezko » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:23 pm

Duke Nukem 3d sucks. 2 is much better
Triplane ROCKS!!!
Dragst
Crew
Crew

Postby Dragst » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:28 pm

Duke 3d sure beat(s) Quake's in playability, attitude and fun. In fact, I still play Shadow Warrior ;)
MacAnkka
Regular
Regular

Postby MacAnkka » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:02 pm

Doom Rocks! I can play it on my Nokia 3650! Mwahhahah
-~I have never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong...~-
TZ
Scarred Veteran
Scarred Veteran

Postby TZ » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:27 pm

Tremble mortals and despair! DooM III has not yet come to this world! Doom is rulez and so is Duke. Quake is lame and so is Airstrike.
Ezko
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ezko » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:02 pm

Doom in 3650?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? Must get both!!!!! Can i get it to 3510i if i buy one??
Triplane ROCKS!!!

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”