New idea/thing: Uusi asia

Prattle and quarrel about the fictional WW1 arcade air-battle game
Narceh
Regular
Regular

Postby Narceh » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:39 pm

I never really liked Duke3D... not that Quake caught much of my fancy either, though

But got to agree some great to play games were made with Duke3D's engine. Shadow Warrior and Blood spring to mind..
Narceh, aka Taalen for IRCnet

"Smile and be happy - it could be worse. So I smiled, I was happy - and it got worse"
Wolfram
Regular
Regular

Postby Wolfram » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:54 pm

Ezko wrote:Doom in 3650?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? Must get both!!!!! Can i get it to 3510i if i buy one??

Unfortunately, the 3650 is a completely different phone than 3510(i). 3650's OS is the Symbian based Series 60, while 3510 uses the lightweight(crappy) Series 40 OS. Furthermore, there is no way that 3510's processor could ever run anything as heavy as Doom. Or even Wolfenstein 3D. None.
"Don't do me anything... I'm natural."
MacAnkka
Regular
Regular

Postby MacAnkka » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:09 pm

Wolfram wrote:Unfortunately, the 3650 is a completely different phone than 3510(i). 3650's OS is the Symbian based Series 60, while 3510 uses the lightweight(crappy) Series 40 OS. Furthermore, there is no way that 3510's processor could ever run anything as heavy as Doom. Or even Wolfenstein 3D. None.

True. Symbian s60 is far more superior than s40. s60 is pretty much like the Palm OS, it can have all kinds of 3rd party apps. My 3650 works now as a remote controller, IRC client, web browser, E-mail, gameboy(and GB colour)-, c-64- and sinclair spectrum-emulator, video player and - last but not least - a quitar toner. All it is missing is a microwave and a coffee machine :D.
-~I have never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong...~-
dekstar
Veteran
Veteran

wow thats something!

Postby dekstar » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:30 am

Didn't know phones could do all that! I dont have a mobile :( im too uncool. But i do have a microwave! and quake does not suck... Quake 3 team arena is good! if only i hadn't got a cracked version i could play it online! ROCK ON ALL!

Dekstar: Making up for lost posts
smelly?
Silveri
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Silveri » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:00 pm

Trust me on this. Cell phones are trouble. If you ever happen to get one, you can't get rid of it. Everybody will be expecting you to be available 24/7 and be happy about it and if for some strange reason you have forgotten it home, soundless or just powerless people will call or SMS you the minute you get it on with huge accusations of not having it on. And the phone bills make a visible hole to your budget, and if you see the people almost daily you talk to on the cell phone, why use the cell phone at all? Besides, at least in here, the services the "cool high-end-phones-with-über-high-bandwith" contain are nonexistent at least in here.

I'm just a bit tired to the way finnish communication works today.
Evil lurker of doom.
Suoputki
n00b
n00b

Postby Suoputki » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:04 pm

ACtually...... There is a doom in 3510i, and I have it. But it craps my ass.
WTF Towers
Silveri
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Silveri » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:15 am

Is Wolf3D also available? I'd presume that it would work a bit better than d00m - and what would be more fun than causing discord while on a bus with sounds like "Halt Dog! - *Bangbangbang* - Mein Leiben!" combined with the original soundtrack - which still has more attitude than many current leading games.

Now, on second thought - it would actually cause even more discord on a bus if (this requires a friend, but not a cell phone) one of you actually shouts the aforementioned sounds out loud and the other one hums the soundtrack.
Evil lurker of doom.
MacAnkka
Regular
Regular

Postby MacAnkka » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:35 am

Silveri wrote:Is Wolf3D also available? I'd presume that it would work a bit better than d00m - and what would be more fun than causing discord while on a bus with sounds like "Halt Dog! - *Bangbangbang* - Mein Leiben!" combined with the original soundtrack - which still has more attitude than many current leading games.

The "Doom" on 3510i is a crappy Java-game that looks more awful than Wolfenstein 3D. Java Games can never be compared to Sis games, that symbian phones use. If you want a good shoot'em up-game for a cell phone, you should buy n-gage and Ashen (Well, you dont hate to actually BUY the game...)

Silveri wrote:and what would be more fun than causing discord while on a bus with sounds like "Halt Dog! - *Bangbangbang* - Mein Leiben!" combined with the original soundtrack - which still has more attitude than many current leading games.

Yes, i have tried it in a train with doom. Its pretty funny watching others reactions, when they hear the sound of the shotgun (that sound totally 0wns btw) and the sounds of the enemies deaths.

Silveri wrote:Now, on second thought - it would actually cause even more discord on a bus if (this requires a friend, but not a cell phone) one of you actually shouts the aforementioned sounds out loud and the other one hums the soundtrack.

lol...
-~I have never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong...~-

Return to “Triplane Turmoil Series”